PDA

View Full Version : Best EU Prepaid Phone Plans

EEngr
5th Jul 2014, 15:29
I'll be traveling in the EU shortly and I'll be picking up a prepaid SIM for my phone. One issue that I don't seem to have solved yet is finding a good provider and/or prepaid plan that will be relatively inexpensive when used in several countries (specifically France, Belgium and The Netherlands). My first stop (where I will be picking up the SIM) is in Amsterdam.

The per minute prices are pretty reasonable within one country, but cross a border and most plans' roaming charges get expensive. Any suggestions?

OFSO
5th Jul 2014, 16:34
Not quite the answer called for, but for voice comms, get a phone with wifi as in many countries - Northern Spain is the best example - wifi is free and everywhere. France is probably the worst for free wifi but McDonalds always has wifi and you can also hang about outside Apple stores. Oh, and then use Skype.

A second tip is to use phone-network-accessable VOIP, For example dialling 902660044 in Spain connects you to a very cheap VOIP international service. I believe other countries have similar systems.

ExXB
5th Jul 2014, 16:47
Lebara (http://www.lebara.com) is active in a few W. European countries.