PDA

View Full Version : TOLD cards

Weary
23rd May 2002, 21:28
:)
Ladies and gentlemen, I have been asked by my boss to re-invent the wheel. Well, - the TOLD card actually !
So, in the true tradition of aviation paperwork, what I would really like to do is have a good look at everybody else's (read "plagiarise" !), and come up with a hybrid that serves my purposes ideally. (I am trying to put one together for a Mach .6 30 tonne machine)
Soooo..........I was wondering, are any of you fine aviators particulary proud of your company TOLD cards and willing scan and email a copy to me as an attachment ?
Naturally it will be kept in the strictest confidence, and the card sufficiently modified so that it cannot be traced back to it's original source.
What I am particularly interested in is a card that has boxes allowing for the calculation of V speeds and their adjustments as necessary. I am also keen to see if anyone has come up with a card that allows for variance in flap settings depending on runway conditions and/or obstacle considerations. I realise just about every card will be aircraft type specific, but just some examples of a well thought out card is what I am after. If you could include a brief note on how to use the card and what it's strengths are, that would be great.
I don't want much huh ?!

Much thanks in anticipation for all those who reply............!! :D :D

Captain Stable
23rd May 2002, 21:33
For what aircraft type, Weary?

A lot will depend on your company's SOP's as well.

I have examples for ATR, F27 and 757. Email me if you would like a copy.

excrab
24th May 2002, 14:54
Weary

I also work for a company operating a 30 tonne mach .6 a/c where the discussion of TOLD cards has come up.

Possibly even the same company, as it would be typical to task one guy with the design rather than use resource management and put the shout round within the company that change was in the offing and has anyone got any ideas based on past experience.

The problem with having pre-printed cards which cover all the variations you list is that you almost find yourself recreating the runway analysis tables and end up with an enormously thick pad of cards. For example if you have weight steps from 20 to 30 tonnes in half tonne steps then allow two flap settings for each weight you have 40 pages, before you get into wet/contaminated runways etc.

Probably the best thing is a blank laminated card with boxes for
TOW
Flap setting
V1
Vr
V2
Vfri
Vclimb
Acceleration height/altitude
Immediate return flap setting
Vapp
Vref

And for each sector spend a couple of minutes extracting the required information from the runway analysis table and then write it on the card with a chinagraph.