PDA

View Full Version : The "killers" that keep you safe!

Courtney Mil
3rd Jul 2014, 08:55
Reprimand fully Cllr Ben Duncan for branding UK Armed Forces Personnel "killers", and demand his resignation.

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/brighton-hove-green-party-reprimand-fully-cllr-ben-duncan-for-branding-uk-armed-forces-personnel-killers-and-demand-his-resignation?share_id=RDIcnkrDrZ&utm_campaign=autopublish&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=share_petition

Heathrow Harry
3rd Jul 2014, 09:02
what did he actually say?

All I see are messages from "Enraged of Tunbridge Wells"................

VinRouge
3rd Jul 2014, 09:08
Brighton and Hove councillor facing disciplinary for "hired killers" tweet (From The Argus) (http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/11313149.Brighton_and_Hove_councillor_facing_disciplinary_fo r__hired_killers__tweet/?action=complain&cid=12911407)

Just This Once...
3rd Jul 2014, 09:09
The chap tweeted:

Armed Forces Day has certainly brought the hired killers onto the streets of #Brighton today. Hard to explain to my son!

— Ben Duncan (@KemptownBen) June 28, 2014

The chap has form for his tweets:

“I only smoke weed when I’m murdering, raping and looting”.

BOAC
3rd Jul 2014, 09:13
He's a Councillor...........?!!!! Monster Raving Loony Party perhaps?

goudie
3rd Jul 2014, 09:29
A visit from the lads at Credenhill might be in order!

RedhillPhil
3rd Jul 2014, 10:13
Member of the Green Party. I would expect nothing less from one of those twerps.

effortless
3rd Jul 2014, 10:34
The wonderful thing about being British, the wonderful thing about British armed forces is that these things are not taken to heart. So some pillock has made a stupid, uninformed statement. So what? I say this as a civilian. I have met him. I have drunk in the same pubs as him and I know that no one is really listening to him. Jumping up and down and calling for him to be broken on the wheel is just what he wants. Ignore the pillock!

Or ignore me. I don't really mind.

Red Line Entry
3rd Jul 2014, 11:01
Demand his resignation? Why? Has he broken the law? No. He has merely exercised his freedom to express his personal view. That freedom is pretty fundamental to the reason why I am proud to serve in this military of ours.

If his constituents don't like what he says, then they can decide not to vote for him at the next election. But in my opinion, we should be very careful before we start implying that there is only one 'right' way to think!

Moreover, I have no problem with being clear on what I am prepared to do:

I WILL kill, when both necessary and legal, in the defence of this country and its people (and as I like to be paid, I guess that makes me hired too!)

NutLoose
3rd Jul 2014, 11:07
AS Red line Entry says... Expressing his freedom of speech, now if he named and shamed that famous hired killers dog..... that would have been totally different

Basil
3rd Jul 2014, 12:37
Armed Forces Day has certainly brought the hired killers onto the streets of #Brighton today.
I thought that was our raison d'être ;)

This chap clearly hasn't heard the sheep, wolves, sheepdogs analogy.

CoffmanStarter
3rd Jul 2014, 12:53
I'm available for some FAC Trade this afternoon ... PM me to agree Timings and Initial Contact Frequency :E

The bloke is a complete Ar$e :mad:

Roland Pulfrew
3rd Jul 2014, 12:56
I note his Tw@tter feed has been taken down by someone.

Old-Duffer
3rd Jul 2014, 14:10
Does anybody on this Thread remember that chap from Ruislip or somewhere close by. He went to Iraq and got himself captured by the nasty people. The guys from Credenhill then got him out unscathed.

ISTR that he was not in least bit grateful.

O-D

500N
3rd Jul 2014, 14:15
Thought he was gods gift to everything.

Heathrow Harry
3rd Jul 2014, 16:17
Hmmm "hired killers" eh?

No doubt a Green Govt would do without any Armed Services at all

he's entitled to his opinion but he's an idiot

Fox3WheresMyBanana
3rd Jul 2014, 18:12
I object to the 'hired' bit.
I volunteered to defend the Country, during which killing may have been necessary. I was remunerated for my time & trouble. That's not a "hired killer"

charliegolf
3rd Jul 2014, 20:01
No doubt a Green Govt would do without any Armed Services at all

Were there to be a Green government, the boys in blue would be flying for the Royal Fantasy Island Air Force. 'Ignore him he's a Green', seems a fitting punishment for the twit.

CG

Stendec5
3rd Jul 2014, 20:13
One of my sisters lives in Brighton. Get her going on how the "green" councillors have fcked-up car parking etc. Nightmare apparently.
As for this prick, put it out of its misery (and ours).

500N
3rd Jul 2014, 20:21
Talking of Green.

I read the other day the head of Greenpeace flies 250 miles
to work every day.

Not a good look !

cornish-stormrider
3rd Jul 2014, 20:22
he probably can't help it - if you were to take a look at his diet of ethnic peace bicycle crisps, tofu and all natural unwashed poo flavoured vegtables you will find his mind is totally addled.

freedom of speech says he is can spout his bollocks - so can I.

I, for one, am glad such wolves and "hired killers" or "paid assasins" exist and work to keep me and mine safe....

I even spent a little time of my own as a small cog in big machine.....
let him spout his noise. although maybe some of our own noise outside his office - say from Dave B (if it gets over here) would be a nice riposte.:E

whatever, let the sheep complain - we know the score.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
3rd Jul 2014, 20:39
So, some little gob****e wishes to shout his mouth off, social media-style, in some beach wine bar?
Exactly how well are the Green Parties doing in countries which could make a difference wrt Global warming?
Russia, China, India, USA - In all the Federal and State legislatures, they have a grand total of......

...oh, you know what the answer is.

Don't give him the oxygen of publicity.

Wander00
3rd Jul 2014, 20:47
Surely that is why the armed forces exist, to protect the rights of d1ck heads like him to spout nonsense. Leave him to wallow.

Martin the Martian
3rd Jul 2014, 20:50
Just taken a look at the Green Party's defence policy.

Oh dear.

the Green Party | Peace & Defence (http://policy.greenparty.org.uk/pd.html)

By the way, anybody know which expensive missile defence system they're talking about? BMEWS?

Fox3WheresMyBanana
3rd Jul 2014, 21:05
Oh, it's just Gold, isn't it?

Commitment to a large standing army, a navy of large warships around our coastline, squadrons of fighter planes and a cripplingly expensive missile defence system is therefore unnecessary. Any threat of invasion that might arise in the future is so remote that realignment of the UK military and defence preparations would be possible long before any invasion occurred.

How can you realign what you do not have?

The solution?
..pen friend schemes

http://www.husky-owners.com/forum/uploads/monthly_03_2014/post-6001-0-28986000-1395519968.gif

http://www.addletters.com/pictures/bart-simpson-generator/bart-simpson-generator.php?line=I+must+not+spout+total+B%23llocks+in+Soci al+Studies+Class

p.s. the "missile system" is in Bart's back pocket

Tankertrashnav
3rd Jul 2014, 21:32
I read the other day the head of Greenpeace flies 250 miles
to work every day.

Well he's not the head of Greenpeace, just one of their bigwigs, and it's not every day, a weekly commute I think, but otherwise you are quite correct !

However when you consider NW Europe has one of the biggest network of high speed trains in the world, he didn't really have a leg to stand on. I understand he's been told to go by train now!

Not really worth worrying about this prat - he's a throwback to the 60s when the services were held in general contempt (remember Aussie and US troops being spat on when they came back from Vietnam?) The pendulum has swung so much the other way that it's almost nostalgic to think there are still people who hold these sorts of views.

Almost!

Courtney Mil
3rd Jul 2014, 21:38
Sensible policies for a happier Britain. I'm guessing the Green Party are bound to win the next election, so things will be a lot easier after Scottish independence.

Lima Juliet
4th Jul 2014, 05:29
The Green Party really are "swivel eyed loons" that live in denial of the evil elements of the human race. A quick look at their defence policy reveals this in line 3:

PD102 The United Kingdom has not been under significant threat of armed invasion since 1941 and such an event is unlikely to occur in the foreseeable future.

So, they have just denied that the Soviet build up and plans to expand into Europe (including the UK) ever existed. There is a very simple test of intent here, if the Soviets didn't expect to come over our side of the border, then why did they have Soviet and NATO fuel couplings fitted on their MiG 29s?

They have denied the threat to the UK as it suits their aims of unilateral nuclear disarmament. In my view the Green Party are as bad as 'holocaust deniers' and should be seen for what they really are (by going back to my opening sentence).

LJ

Fitter2
4th Jul 2014, 07:53
Blair had it right. (Not Tony, the other one).

http://i61.tinypic.com/1z5q61e.png

The Councillor will no doubt sleep soundly tonight, and so will I, appreciating the effort put in for me.

NutLoose
4th Jul 2014, 11:09
Some military training areas should be decommissioned and used as nature reserves, with suitable provision for access by the public.

I would suggest Garvie Island, perhaps the Green party could be the first to open it, and go for a ramble.

The North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO) is a military-oriented body, which imposes conflict cessation rather than encouraging peace building. As such, it is not a sustainable mechanism for maintaining peace in the world. We would take the UK out of NATO unilaterally. We would also end the so-called "special relationship" between the UK and the US.

Odd that when half of Eastern Europe wishes they were part of it.

tartare
4th Jul 2014, 11:17
Why is it so forbidden to openly acknowledge that one of the military's tasks is to kill other people?
Always has been, always will be.
Contained by discipline, symbolised by the uniforms and tradition, and sanctioned by the state.
Ugly, and hard to accept - but a simple reality.
That said - given the context - the man was a tw@t for making the comments in the way he did.

obnoxio f*ckwit
4th Jul 2014, 16:22
However when you consider NW Europe has one of the biggest network of high speed trains in the world, he didn't really have a leg to stand on. I understand he's been told to go by train now!

There was a time when a small group of us, about 6, used to regularly attend meetings in the S of France (it was hell), we used to fly Easy from Gatwick, to a. Keep the cost down a bit and b. the flight times were more convenient, return fare about £100, until one day travel request was denied as "all international air travel is banned unless blah blah blah...".

"Can we go by train then?"

"Of course"

6 travel requests for Eurostar/TGV tickets @ £400 each later...we flew!

Basil
4th Jul 2014, 19:29
all international air travel is banned
Excellent! Going to Sydney? Book QM2 and, ten weeks later, arrive at destination :ok:

Stendec5
4th Jul 2014, 20:04
Their "defence policy" precludes any armed intervention/peacekeeping etc. But what happens if country-X are forcing Beagles to smoke 40-a-day? What happens if country-Y cull some Badgers or country-Z chop down a tree.
Surely even the Greens would dispatch the Hooligans From Hereford in such grave and extreme circumstances? Err, armed with leaflets and banners and travelling on bicycles to leave a minimum carbon footprint, of course.

Roland Pulfrew
5th Jul 2014, 08:39
Why is it so forbidden to openly acknowledge that one of the military's tasks is to kill other people?

Well, technically. the killing people bit is not listed as one of the UK Military Tasks.

Basil
5th Jul 2014, 10:17
Well, technically. the killing people bit is not listed as one of the UK Military Tasks.
Yes, Ministry of Defence sounds so much more agreeable than The War Office ;)

Heathrow Harry
7th Jul 2014, 08:01
"1984"

Ministry of Love
Ministry of Peace
Ministry of Peace
Ministry of Plenty

ian16th
7th Jul 2014, 10:50
Yes, Ministry of Defence sounds so much more agreeable than The War Office

Being a pedant, who was serving at the time of the change, it wasn't simply a name change, the MoD was the result of the merging of, The Admiralty, The War Office and the Air Ministry.

The War Office was just the pongo part.

ricardian
7th Jul 2014, 11:26
When I returned from 12 months at RAF Sharjah in 1964 I was posted to the commcen at "Commcen, AM London", living at RAF Northolt. Arrived at Northolt and got my season ticket on the Tube but great confusion arose when I tried to find "AM London" as everyone said it no longer existed; eventually arrived at "Defence Commcen".

Tankertrashnav
7th Jul 2014, 14:39
Some military training areas should be decommissioned and used as nature reserves, with suitable provision for access by the public.

It's my understanding that a lot of military training areas, such as those on Dartmoor, are excellent de facto nature reserves simply because they don't have access by the public.

500N
7th Jul 2014, 14:53
Tanker

Corrrect.

And on top of that, some birds like land that is being used as it creates food.

sitigeltfel
9th Jul 2014, 14:31
The Green clown has been sacked......

Greens Sack Councillor Who Called War Heroes ?Hired Killers? - Guy Fawkes' blog (http://order-order.com/2014/07/09/greens-sack-councillor-who-called-war-heroes-hired-killers/)

“The panel of inquiry has concluded that Councillor Ben Duncan should no longer serve as a member of the Green Group of Councillors on Brighton and Hove City Council.
This follows his recent statement on Twitter concerning the armed forces which understandably offended many both within and outside the party.
The panel concluded that since this recent incident follows a history of making comments in social media that many would view as inappropriate for someone in such a position, taken as a whole, Councillor Duncan’s actions amount to a breach of standards and judgement expected of a Green councillor, bringing himself and colleagues into disrepute.
http://orderorder.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/loony-left.gif?w=150&h=138&h=138Councillor Duncan’s removal from the Green Group is for the remaining council term.
From this point Councillor Duncan will not participate in votes or discussions in the Green Group or be involved in any decisions of the Group and will sit as an independent councillor and not be counted as a part of the Group.”