PDA

View Full Version : Trojan Horse

Pilotbac
1st Jul 2014, 19:35
Simple remedy for zapping a Trojan Horse virus, any answers?
I do manage to deal with them but I'm sure there is a more simple way to eliminate them than my way?

Saab Dastard
1st Jul 2014, 19:58
The "simplest" way is to reformat the disk and re-install the OS. It's not necessarily the quickest or most convenient way, but it's 100% effective against all known nasties (apart from the ones that MS included in their distribution media).

SD

Avtrician
2nd Jul 2014, 03:52
A lot depends on the Trojan, some can be easily removed by Malawarebytes, and others can be very persistent and require hours of tracking through the registry. There are some cleaners that run from a Linux bootable cd/dvd. Unless its like a W8 laptop that I recently dealt with, where the bios was messed around with so that it was difficult to do. (Bloody Asus and MS :ugh: )

Or do as i had to do in the end, roll back the puter using system restore to go back a day before the problem started.

Pilotbac
2nd Jul 2014, 05:27
Thank's for your help P

Bushfiva
2nd Jul 2014, 05:41
You could try something like Trend Micro's Housecall, which is a web-based product that tends to work pretty well.

BOAC
2nd Jul 2014, 07:29
Also try one of the 'Free' AV progs that offer a boot-time scan like Avast. That runs before the OS boots.

gemma10
4th Jul 2014, 07:28
Download Hitman Pro from Bleeping Computer. It is a second generation malware fighter and is free for 30 days. Costs about 14 quid a year after that.:ok: