PDA

View Full Version : Rtr(a) renewal

on_demand
1st Jul 2014, 10:17
I have a question related to RTR(A) full i.e. I cleared both part 1 and 2 exam, renewal.
How many hours of flying are required for the renewal if at all and in what time period?

Karbine
2nd Jul 2014, 09:38
30 hours in the last 3 years are required. Attested copies of your logbook showing these pages, attested copy of current RTR(A), DD of Rs 5000 or 10,000 depending on the validity you want in your renewed RTR(A).

My question is this - Do I have to post the filled COP 23 to the center from where the RTR(A) was issued, which is WPC Kolkata in my case or to Delhi?

Also, if it is Kolkata in whose favour should I draw the SBI DD? Kolkata or Delhi?

on_demand
2nd Jul 2014, 11:06
Answer to both of your queries is kolkata. Refer to this link http://www.wpc.dot.gov.in/Docfiles/Office%20Memorandum.pdf

Also this 30 hrs in 3 years rule was amended in 2010 and after that experience required for renewal was changed to just 30 hrs without any mention of time period. However the launguage of The amendment is very ambiguos and leaves a lot of space for government officers to mess with us, that is why i wanted to know if someone has recently got his licensed renewed and throw some light on the matter. Here is the link new link
http://www.wpc.dot.gov.in/DocFiles/checklist/Check%20list%20COP.doc refer to point 5(b)
"Experience Certificate of 30 Hrs.of flying in an Aero Mobile Station or an experience of not less than three months in a station working in the Aero-Mobile service or renewal by test as per order in force."
Earlier it was specifically mentioned that 30 hrs should be in preceding 3 yrs from date of expiry of licence, removal of those particular words in the amendmend means that its no longer a requirement. However the matter of shame is that even WPC officials are not sure what it means and the best they could come out with was that if i m lucky people at kolkata might renew my licence without looking for 30 hrs in 3 yrs. :ugh:

zed7
27th Jul 2014, 08:05
Can some one advise ? I have an RTR - P expiring in October this year. I have passed Part 1 in the Mumbai attempt earlier this year.
Can I apply for a RTR-A now? Or I have to renew My RTR - P?
Can I get a lifetime valid RTR -A?

cyrilroy21
27th Jul 2014, 15:46
You can only apply to renew the RTR P

I believe you can send in your application for renewal 90 days prior to expiry ( I am not sure about the exact number of days though )

For RTR A you will have to pass both Part 1 and Part 2

avicon
27th Jul 2014, 16:02
Will the RTR (P) do for flying in India. Or does it need to be converted to RTR A

Secondly, how does one go about renewing the FRTOL, the red booklet. Is there a circular on the requirements somewhere?

speedbird787
28th Jul 2014, 13:56
Renewed mine ..30 hrs in last 5 years...

burpingbutterfly
8th Oct 2014, 11:02
I need to renew my RTR (A). I last flew in October 2010. I passed my exam in Calcutta. Here's my question, can I send in attested copies of my logbook pages as the "experience certificate"? Secondly, I can't find records of my license on the WPC website. Has anyone else faced these issues?
Thanks for the help in advance

cyrilroy21
14th Oct 2014, 07:56
@burpingbutterfly

If you are renewing on the basis of passing of Part 1 in Kolkota 2014 exam then there is no need to send copies of the logbook or experience certificate

The WPC website is notorious poorly when it comes to maintaining online records of license . So dont expect to find anything online

Just send cover letter along with the rest of documents to the RLO that issued the original license