PDA

View Full Version : To push or not to?

rehpej
30th Jun 2014, 08:23
Hi, this would be my first post so please go easy on me.

May I know what are the chances to be a pilot here in the Philippines? I'm planning to take my training at Omni Aviation is it a good choice or not? Also I do have a bachelors degree, I'm just planning to push my career to be a pilot or not.

Any info/feedback is much appreciated. Thank you

wonderland
30th Jun 2014, 11:39
There's nothing out there. Too many pilots, no work. Still wanna take the plunge?

rehpej
1st Jul 2014, 04:58
if there are too many pilots, why still some airlines lack of pilots? well thats according to what i have read. or i'm way too outdated?

stevensgonzales
8th Jul 2014, 07:02
Hope you get other insights here as I have the same situation as yours. Still looking for schools out there. Since it is a significant amount to loan, i would also want to know what are the chances of getting hired by a commercial airline after taking flying school. What will be the best approach if any.

n8d0g
11th Jul 2014, 01:26
The shortage of pilots is very misleading.

The shortage is actually a shortage of experienced pilots. It is very difficult right now to get a job unless you are endorsed/sponsered by an airline.

The whole situation is very chicken and egg. They want more FOs and Captains but its very hard to get your first job to get to SO for the job.

rehpej
14th Jul 2014, 04:52
@n8dog

thanks for that clarification.

Captain Dart
14th Jul 2014, 09:37
...and in some parts of the world, there is a shortage of experienced pilots willing to work for the inadequate salaries offered.

rehpej
15th Jul 2014, 04:15
@capt dart

may i know where to do you find job opportunities online for pilots fo or so.

thanks

Captain Dart
15th Jul 2014, 07:25
Free Pilot Jobs and Employment Resources - Pilot Jobs Board, Interview Gouge, Recruiting, Pay Rates, Forums (http://www.willflyforfood.com)

rehpej
15th Jul 2014, 08:11
thanks again capt.

well how can newly trained pilots be experience if they are not getting hired. well thats true to every jobs unless your good to sell yourself.

i think ill go push with the training.