PDA

View Full Version : Radical Islamic preacher seeks asylum

crewmeal
29th Jun 2014, 05:48
What's the betting the UK allow this creep into the UK on humanitarian grounds?

Radical Islamic Preacher Seeks Asylum In UK (http://news.sky.com/story/1291299/radical-islamic-preacher-seeks-asylum-in-uk)

Capetonian
29th Jun 2014, 06:10
The following implies that he won't be, but by the time a few do-gooder groups have appealed on his behalf, then he could be granted asylum. There is always hope that he could mysteriously slip in the shower or fall out of a fifth floor window though during the appeals process.
A Home Office spokesperson said: "An individual must be physically present in the UK in order to make a claim for asylum. "Omar Bakri Mohammad was permanently excluded from the UK in 2005 on the grounds that his presence is not conducive to the public good.
"As Omar Bakri Mohammad is excluded from the UK, he will be unable to make a claim for asylum."

rh200
29th Jun 2014, 06:55
As Omar Bakri Mohammad is excluded from the UK, he will be unable to make a claim for asylum

The Poms will be so screwed if he makes it there by other means then:p.

I think Gitmo could be a good place for asylum:E

Ascend Charlie
29th Jun 2014, 07:23
When the western world's governments take note that 87.4% of the world's troubled countries involve muslims and their fanatics, we might possibly begin to stop them entering. Or better still, send them back to their original country.:(

500N
29th Jun 2014, 07:26
Droned required. I am sure Israel will oblige if asked.

denachtenmai
29th Jun 2014, 07:46
As Omar Bakri Mohammad is excluded from the UK, he will be unable to make a claim for asylum

But, when he makes his way back in, as he inevitably will, then the above will not apply.
Regards, Den.

tony draper
29th Jun 2014, 07:48
Stick him in Broadmoor then,that's a perfectly good Asylum.:)

Captain Sand Dune
29th Jun 2014, 07:50
He should try jumping in a boat, waiting until he's within territorial waters then encounter 'engine problems' or similar. Even better if he's got a couple of 'sick' kiddies with him. :EWorks a treat if trying to jump on the endless welfare gravy train in Oz.:mad:

Sop_Monkey
29th Jun 2014, 08:58
Just returned from a crusade myself and saw an interview with the son (penguin wife at it's side) which filled me with disgust. This creep was concerned about his old mans rights! What about the rights of the victims of 7/7 and 9/11??!!. These creeps condone the cowardly terrorist's attacks but there was no mention of the victims human rights. I am aware I am in need or some serious RR but that interview made my blood boil. Maybe I am loosing the plot.

unstable load
29th Jun 2014, 09:04
Sucks to be him.
Allowed into the UK, he does his level best to alienate himself to the point that he gets expelled and then in an apparent extension of his ideas and opinions, he ends up in the clink in a country where the authorities aren't so soft on him.
Now, suddenly, the grass is greener on the other side and he wants to "come home".
I see his son says that the possibility of his being incarcerated in UK is an acceptable option as opposed to the status quo....

500N
29th Jun 2014, 09:08
Just shoot him, problem solved.

tony draper
29th Jun 2014, 09:25
I'm with you there Mr 500N.:ok:

Pinky the pilot
29th Jun 2014, 09:30
Like a certain well respected (IMHO) Ppruner has occasionally said;

`Some people just need shooting` (or words to that effect)

Capetonian
29th Jun 2014, 09:33
I'm not, that's too quick and kind. Pull his finger and toenails out one by one and let his hands and feet go gangrenous, rot, and drop off.

cavortingcheetah
29th Jun 2014, 09:33
One wonders which way this woman will jump on the issue? She seems often to be found espousing the cause of the terrorist under the guise of human rights.
Liberty (http://www.liberty-human-rights.org.uk/who-we-are/structure/liberty-director)

500N
29th Jun 2014, 09:35
"He was among 54 people sentenced in Lebanon in November 2010 in trials of militants who fought deadly clashes with the Lebanese army in 2007.

He was convicted of belonging to an armed group that aimed to carry out terrorist acts and plots to kill Lebanese soldiers."

So had goes to Lebanon and then fights against the govt there.

Not sure he knows what he wants.

lasernigel
29th Jun 2014, 10:37
Not sure he knows what he wants.

We all do though.:E:E

tony draper
29th Jun 2014, 10:54
I couldn't fail not to disagree with you less Mr Nigel.:rolleyes:

500N
29th Jun 2014, 10:57
Why would you go o lebanon and then wage war on the lebnese army and government ?

Is that just a muslim versus christian thing or is he just one of those that is never happy ?

DevX
29th Jun 2014, 12:33
My vote is for a one-to-one with Messrs Smith & Wesson. :cool:

unstable load
29th Jun 2014, 15:45
My vote is for a one-to-one with Messrs Smith & Wesson.
Nah, leave him to the Lebanese to sort out. They will make it last.

Lonewolf_50
30th Jun 2014, 16:23
Why does he seek asylum in the UK, rather than in ... Yemen. Plenty of his own kind there to look after him. :mad:

Rosevidney1
30th Jun 2014, 19:13
Yemen isn't quite so generous with their benefits system.

Espada III
30th Jun 2014, 19:35
Supposedly there is a worldwide conspiracy of Jews to 'run the world for their benefit'. Would that there were; the world would possibly be a better place for everyone.

But, in reality the conspiracy is clearly of Muslims making the world better for them and them alone. Forget the Arab Israeli conflict for a moment. Why is it that Muslims are kidnapping girls in Nigeria, making Kenya and the Horn of Africa unstable, and are happy to murder their own family because they married 'wrongly'.

When will our Governments understand that any Muslim presence in a country is a fifth column and we dont want any more of them.....

500N
30th Jun 2014, 19:42
And to add to that, the bodies of the three teenage Israelis have been found,
buried under rocks in a field.

This is not going to go well.

Lonewolf_50
30th Jun 2014, 19:46
And to add to that, the bodies of the three teenage Israelis have been found,
buried under rocks in a field.

This is not going to go well.

Let the games begin. I predict the Israelis score on a few penalty kicks ..

500N
30th Jun 2014, 19:53
Yep. They haven't caught them but I reckon they will know who did it.

I was reading how the Russians dealt with kidnappers yesterday,
grabbing a relative and castrating him and sending it to the family.
Hostages released, Russians not bothered again.

A lot to be said for playing hard ball.

11Fan
30th Jun 2014, 20:08
castrating him and sending it to the family.

A lot to be said for playing hard ball.

Or they were when they opened the mail at least.

meadowrun
30th Jun 2014, 20:43
ISIS - 5 Year Plan.

Anyone think there isn't something nefarious and dangerous going on in an even wider scale with some of this religion?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/06/30/article-2674736-1F46221200000578-100_634x381.jpg

Fox3WheresMyBanana
30th Jun 2014, 21:26
Cross-post from ISIS thread

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spread_of_Islam

Their map is basically Islam under the Umayyad Caliphate, and the Ottoman Empire bits in Europe in the 17th C stuck together.

In other words, their strategic planning consists of reading one Wikipedia entry.

I suppose we should be impressed that they can at least read.....

radeng
30th Jun 2014, 22:07
I think we should give him asylum. On Inaccessible Island or maybe Gough Island. No ships to visit of course, so he can live off the land - or the sea....Another possibility is Ducie Island....Or maybe we could persuade the Norwegians to give him asylum on Bouvet Island or the French on Clipperton Island.....

Fox3WheresMyBanana
30th Jun 2014, 22:11
I wondered why we were hanging on to Ducie Is.;) There's Henderson and Oeno too (ready for the next couple of radical asylum seekers).

Consulting my 'Atlas of Remote Islands' (ISBN 978-1-846-14348-9), can I recommend Southern Thule in the South Sandwich Islands? (59 S)

radeng
30th Jun 2014, 22:13
Only because they are good for radio amateurs chasing IOTA and DXCC!

Fox3WheresMyBanana
30th Jun 2014, 22:17
The fact that I hold an Advanced Amateur Radio Licence, and a copy of 'Atlas of Remote Islands' is pure coincidence ;) I got the first to helpout with the Red Cross, and the latter was a present!

radeng
30th Jun 2014, 22:25
Fox,

I have them 'in the fist' as they say for DXCC - I just need Navassa for the clean sweep!

One thing about amateur radio is that it does allow one to learn about geography. And about great circles, which, apparently, the USAAC didn't teach in 1942, leading to a lot of B17s going to Hawaii to get lost and ditching because they tried navigating with Mercator charts....

Apologies for bringing an aviation thread into JB....

500N
1st Jul 2014, 02:37
The Israelis didn't take long.

Halhul: Two men named by Israel as prime suspects in the kidnapping and death of three teenagers had their homes destroyed, Palestinian witnesses said.

Marwan Qawasmeh and Amer Abu Eishe remain at large but witnesses said troops blew up their homes early on Tuesday

"Israeli air strikes began around 1am on Tuesday, local time, with a rocket slamming into open ground in the Negev desert region. An army statement said nobody was hurt.

Shortly afterwards the Palestinian Interior Ministry reported around 30 Israeli air strikes on deserted militant training sites across Gaza but there was no immediate word of casualties. The ministry said that among targets hit by F-16 fighters were bases of Hamas and Islamic Jihad.

airship
1st Jul 2014, 05:17
The Israelis didn't take long.

Summary "justice" is always easily dispensed. Whether or not by Yankees in the wild West when confronted by marauding Injuns a few hundred years ago or ISIS militants most recently. :zzz:

500N
1st Jul 2014, 05:20
Do you agree with it or not ?

airship
1st Jul 2014, 05:27
Please repeat the question if / when / after you also experience "justice" swiftly served... :zzz:

West Coast
1st Jul 2014, 06:33
That's poorly worded airship, swift justice in no way infers it isn't just.

Lonewolf_50
1st Jul 2014, 12:39
I give the Israelis full marks for not screwing around.

500N
1st Jul 2014, 13:13
They obviously had done the leg work as to who was involved, I doubt they would be so selective when blowing up houses by hand if they weren't as that hints at limiting collateral damage.

Solid Rust Twotter
1st Jul 2014, 14:40
I think we should give him asylum. On Inaccessible Island or maybe Gough Island. No ships to visit of course, so he can live off the land - or the sea....Another possibility is Ducie Island....Or maybe we could persuade the Norwegians to give him asylum on Bouvet Island or the French on Clipperton Island.....

Nay! Nay, and thrice nay, Mr Radeng! Gough Island is a pleasant scenic, albeit sometimes harsh place and a nature reserve to boot. It already has an infestation of mice brought in by the early explorers so the last thing they need there is a rat.

Anyway, the met team hasn't been there long enough to go feral yet, so little chance of the rat being killed and eaten...:}

NutLoose
1st Jul 2014, 20:36
Welcome to the UK. This is South Georgia, we hope you enjoy your stay.

radeng
2nd Jul 2014, 09:23
How about that Scottish Island where they did the anthrax experiments?

Fox3WheresMyBanana
2nd Jul 2014, 09:33
Gruinard?
Sadly, it's been cleaned up.
OTOH - it's still in miserable Jockland
Better get him up there quick before Independence.

MagnusP
2nd Jul 2014, 09:37
Fox3, not only has Gruinard been cleaned up, it's in quite a nice area of Jockistan. However, there's a vacancy on Rockall which has, well, rockall.

radeng
2nd Jul 2014, 13:50
I suppose Bouvet would be unfair on the resident penguins and seals...

Fox3WheresMyBanana
2nd Jul 2014, 13:57
Oh, the irony if there were to be Seven Seals.........:E

quite a nice area of Jockistan
Currently ranked #3 on World List of Oxymorons

Sallyann1234
2nd Jul 2014, 14:21
I give the Israelis full marks for not screwing around.

Will there be national mourning and swift retribution for the Palestinian youth just kidnapped and killed?

BBC News - Palestinian teenager's body found in Jerusalem (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-28124329)

I can't hear much holding of breath...

Lonewolf_50
2nd Jul 2014, 14:41
Roads are closed off all around the Shufat neighbourhood of East Jerusalem as crowds of young Palestinians vent their anger. Some have begun destroying the shelters for the Israeli tram system.

Small groups are using catapults to launch stones at heavily armed Israeli police officers. They are responding with rounds of rubber bullets. An ambulance has whizzed past with sirens blaring suggesting there have been injuries.

The Palestinian teenager's funeral is expected to take place later on Wednesday; that will be another cause for tension. They are throwing rocks at people who didn't kidnap that kid, and destroying public facilities because ... well, because they are the usual gang of arseclowns. The whole "we are outraged" schtick is long since become the boy who cried wolf. Wrecking a bus shelter doesn't bring that boy back, nor does it bring justice. All it brings is more police and more trouble. Way to go, dumbarses.

While all of this noise is going on, the usual Arab penchant for drama and making a lot of noise, I suspect the Israeli cops will quitely investigate and get their man.

It is in the interest of the State that whomever did this be found and brought to justice.

SallyAnn, Your cynicism is noted.

Sallyann1234
2nd Jul 2014, 14:53
SallyAnn, Your cynicism is noted.Good, I'd hate for it to be wasted.

The anger vented at the Palestinian boy's murder is rather similar to the way the Israeli army went on the rampage after the kidnapping of the three boys.

Except of course the Israelis are better organised and better armed, so they killed five Palestinian civilians instead of breaking up bus shelters.

Lonewolf_50
2nd Jul 2014, 16:32
Except of course the Israelis are better organised and better armed, so they killed five Palestinian civilians instead of breaking up bus shelters. Your assumption is noted, as is your gullibility and bias

I'd like you to prove that alleged fact. Suggest you educate yourself in the uses of information and propaganda in the modern age. Seem to be an easy mark.

The lethality of the response I applaud.

Maybe, one day, those idiots will get the message. Apparently, they have not yet.

TCAS FAN
2nd Jul 2014, 16:45
If life is such a bummer in Lebanon, get on the bus through Syria to Iraq, sign up for ISIS and inshallah a US drone will assist him to slip the mortal coil and go straight to paradise, much better than have to put up with all us infidels in the UK.

500N
2nd Jul 2014, 16:47
SallyAnne

Well, if the three Israelis hadn't been kidnapped, it would never have happened.

The Russians proved that at some point and eye for an eye works.
(Cutting the nuts off a kidnappers family member and mailing them
to the family with a terse note. The other 3 diplomatic hostages were
released immediately and the Russians were never bothered again.).

radeng
2nd Jul 2014, 22:38
I do find it interesting the way that it has been conveniently forgotten that without the terrorist activities of the Hagannah and the Irgun, Israel as we know it would probably not exist.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
2nd Jul 2014, 22:56
History loves a winner!

10Watt
2nd Jul 2014, 23:57
Nor would most of the highly subsidised murdering scum in office

for Northern lreland.

Thanks Tony Blair.

ps. if you think terror has stopped, talk to the locals.

rh200
3rd Jul 2014, 00:22
Will there be national mourning and swift retribution for the Palestinian youth just kidnapped and killed?

BBC News - Palestinian teenager's body found in Jerusalem (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-28124329)

I can't hear much holding of breath...

Unlike the other side, the Israel will go to lengths to find the perpetrators, unlike the Palestinians. There have already been condemnations from every quarter including the parents of the Israelis victims. Again something you won't get from the other side.

The anger vented at the Palestinian boy's murder is rather similar to the way the Israeli army went on the rampage after the kidnapping of the three boys.

What [email protected], the Israeli army doesn't go on rampages, like our own they continue to get butt f#$ked by ROI. I always find it laughable when you hear these tit for tat things. In most of the reports its usually unoccupied buildings or sites that get hit. Why, they know their coming and leave well before the strikes.

I do find it interesting the way that it has been conveniently forgotten that without the terrorist activities of the Hagannah and the Irgun, Israel as we know it would probably not exist.

No not at all, but you need to move on. Or are we saying this is the only way to get what you want in the 21'st century? If thats the case, then lets pull the gloves of our tactics and be a bit harsher?

10Watt
3rd Jul 2014, 00:49
Baghdadi will never be allowed back in after being excluded.

Our lily livered shower in office ( excluding the only one with balls, Theresa

May) would never dare so close to a general election.

They took the opportunity to commit us to paying 12 billion pounds ayear

to foreign despots in bribes, err .. l mean aid.

We actually have food banks being used by genuine people needing food

for their kids. l know this to be true.

Why not regulate the experts in the field, and finance the charities

accordingly ?

l find this level of spending offensive. lt will be reflected at the election.