PDA

View Full Version : jetplan planning

JACQUOUILLE
26th Jun 2014, 10:10
Hi ,

I have been using a swiss program for flight planning /OFP , and I must say this is not the best . I wonder if jetplan is good for bizjet and if anybody knows the price ( yearly , per flight )?

J.

dc9-32
26th Jun 2014, 10:56
You have a PM.

ksjc
26th Jun 2014, 14:02
I've been using JetPlan since the 1980's (When it was a Lockheed product known as DataPlan) on various types from small turboprop to ultra long-range biz jets and and must say it''s been very reliable for me.

99% of the time flight plans are worked online thru JetPlan.com but in the field when things need to be changed in a hurry there's always someone available at Ops to help over the phone. The rare FP or uplink doesn't make it through the system but not enough to cause a concern.

Once the aircraft biases are tweaked the way you want them you will likely find mission fuel burn within +/- 2% and flight time +/- 1% even on a 5000nm flight. It's a very good product.

Having said that...Jeppesen Int'l Trip Planning service?. There are better options.

Pricing I can't speak to as I don't get the invoice any longer.

Booglebox
26th Jun 2014, 16:28
I quite like PPS v8, but Jetplanner is awesome if you know how to use it, and have the megabucks to pay for it!
However if your needs are relatively simple, you may wish consider Rocketroute. :cool:

flyboy1818
26th Jun 2014, 20:24
Jeppesen is an old and expensive product, I would recommend looking into a more integrated solution that includes weight and balance, performance, safety analysis etc. Arinc Direct offers a very good package for its online tool.