PDA

View Full Version : Belfast plane in emergency landing at Cork airport

golfbananajam
25th Jun 2014, 08:22
This on the BBC web site today

A plane travelling from Belfast to Barcelona had to make an emergency landing in the Republic of Ireland following a suspected fuel leak.

One hundred and forty-nine people were on board the Boeing 737-300 series charter flight when the pilot reported the leak and it was diverted to Cork.

The airport's emergency response plan was activated.

However, it was stood down shortly after the plane landed safely at 23:45 BST on Tuesday.

A spokesman at Cork Airport confirmed that the passengers and crew were accommodated in Cork overnight before continuing on their journey to Barcelona.

The Boeing aircraft is operated by Air Contractors Limited.

golfbananajam
25th Jun 2014, 12:42
so why has this been moved to spectators balcony when other aircraft "incidents" don't?

Phileas Fogg
25th Jun 2014, 14:17
Well the title of the thread:

1. Suggests that the aircraft is an SC5 Belfast, and:

2. Suggests that said Belfast declared an emergency

But reading on there is no such suggestion of an emergency, merely "the pilot reported the leak and it was diverted to Cork"

So perhaps the mods considered this to be "spotter reporting"!

DaveReidUK
25th Jun 2014, 15:05
Reports elsewhere indicate that the crew did in fact declare an emergency.

Faulty fuel indication, no leak.

Phileas Fogg
25th Jun 2014, 15:15
Reports elsewhere indicate that the crew did in fact declare an emergency.

"Emergencies" are declared every day, I got fed up reading about them from the spotter "ambulance chasers" that monitor such websites, could be an expectant mother that has gone in to premature labour, it could be anything, but it isn't necessarily worthy of "Rumours & News" that a geriatric B737 had a faulty fuel reading!

golfbananajam
26th Jun 2014, 08:19
it's a good job slander is allowed on this forum, what makes you think I'm an ambulance chasing spotter?

DaveReidUK
26th Jun 2014, 08:48
I'd be more upset if somebody unjustly accused me of believing that Belfasts were still flying. :O

Phileas Fogg
26th Jun 2014, 09:16
what makes you think I'm an ambulance chasing spotter?

I honestly wasn't referring to you GBJ, I was merely generalising of cr@p that often gets posted on PPRuNe regarding "7700 Squawks" or similar.