PDA

View Full Version : Study notes

1harper
21st Jun 2014, 20:26
Hi

I was wondering if anybody could help me regarding finding good study notes for my B1.1 engineering exams. I have currently just sat digital techniques and aerodynamics, but failed both, I have used licence by post to revise for aerodynamics and practised on club66pro where I was passing no problem. Can anyone point me in the right direction.

Thanks
1harper

Freddie838
22nd Jun 2014, 18:48
Have you passed any so far? Are you in or ex military? Is cost a factor? I can advise the easier route to completing the modules.

Aidy UK
27th Jun 2014, 11:55
I too was using LBP material, and I found it very difficult and arduous. I did however pass my fist two modules with them with excellent grades.
I have LBP mods 1-4 here and I have decided to pay through the nose and use a 147 school instead which I am completeing my other B1 mods with. Mod 5 was one week - exam on the Friday and I have 4 modules completed now - about to start my mod 11 (7 weeks). The advantage of the school is we can do trips to the hangar to look at real aircraft - something you cannot do at home with these books. I would also suggest you do the modules in order - If you can't do maths your buggered for other modules with equasions, if you can't do logic gates or ARINC data busses then you are screwed too for further modules - Eicas/Ecam, PFD,ND, EFIS, Classic T instruments etc. - the list goes on. I have some study material which may be helpful. PM me with some details and I'll see what I can do to help.
I am sitting in a class with 12 apprenticies who work on aircraft, and I as yet have only ever flown on one, but with the use of youtube I ensure I can hold my own and ask questions to understand something of the real world that Aircraft live in. Nobody said it would be easy but keep at it.
Aidy.