PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair bases

doc5
20th Jun 2014, 14:14
Hi. I'm just wondering if you are hired by Ryanair and based abroad( outside of Ireland or UK) how long does it take roughly to get back to Ireland or UK.
Thanks for any replies.

Torque Tonight
20th Jun 2014, 14:55
Sometimes immediately, sometimes never, and anything in between. Being a professional pilot is not a good career if your choice of job location is a high priority. You need to be mobile and go where the work is.

Shooting_Star
20th Jun 2014, 16:34
Just until the year before your command you'll stay abroad, then you'll be with some luck a year where you want to be followed by your command upgrade and transfer to far from where you want to be again :E

Skyjob
20th Jun 2014, 16:44
Just until the year before your command you'll stay abroad, then you'll be with some luck a year where you want to be followed by your command upgrade and transfer to far from where you want to be again

Please do not generalise...

More than one FO who operated at my base have been upgraded in recent years and since returned to their original UK base near their homes, having been away from it only a few months in some cases.

captplaystation
20th Jun 2014, 17:28
From all my ex colleagues I have spoken to, I would say that is the exception that proves the rule. . . . the answer to the OP's question can only honestly be stated "impossible to forecast", anything else is too person-specific to realistically reflect your chances.

space pig
20th Jun 2014, 18:17
You keep on trying to get the base you want until finally you give up and leave

Greenlights
20th Jun 2014, 18:27
DOC5, generally you don't know. Each case is different.
I have some friends, they got Italy and suddenly Irlande... :uhoh:

just get the idea that you are a pawn on a chess game, and FR will be the player. :cool:

zerotohero
20th Jun 2014, 18:56
I was lucky and got the base I wanted after command and was very happy apart from the irish ltd company nonsense which has driven me out to another operator now before it all comes crashing down on my head.

The option of a Ryanair contract was not even an option to me and if it was I would not have taken it out of principal as the pay is beyond a joke.

Of course this is just my personal opinion.