PDA

View Full Version : Ausfly Cancelled ?

Sunfish
19th Jun 2014, 09:27
Ausfly 2014 cancelled. Why? CASA or something else?

KRviator
19th Jun 2014, 10:38
Sez who?

Nothing on the Ausfly or SAAA website thus far.

VH-XXX
19th Jun 2014, 10:39
Yes it is official, Sunny is finally on the money, it has been cancelled.

An email was sent out to SAAA members today and I presume the website will be updated shortly.

Ultralights
19th Jun 2014, 10:40
yes, i got the same email... no reason given as to why..

VH-XXX
20th Jun 2014, 01:12
Hi Guys,

It is with much regret due to workload affecting man critical functions of the SAAA that we as the major event sponsor have decided that Ausfly for 2014 will have be postponed until 2015. However, there will still be a fly in/BBQ for all who still want to attend. Our national Council will also be available to the members.
Our first press release was yesterday, and I am still getting around to updating all sites/facebooks.

Thank you for your understanding and we apologise for any inconvenience this causes you.

Should you require any further information, Please do not hesitate to contact the office at [email protected]

- SAAA Office Staff

OZBUSDRIVER
20th Jun 2014, 10:12
I am sure the Jabawocky will be along soon to fill in the blanks.

schlutorflyer
21st Jun 2014, 14:03
I heard it had to do with someone involved running off with some money..Just saying...

Creampuff
21st Jun 2014, 22:43
Isn't it amazing that the most salacious rumours are almost invariably posted by first-time posters... :rolleyes:

Jabba: You're being unusually taciturn. :confused:

Jabawocky
22nd Jun 2014, 08:07
I heard it had to do with someone involved running off with some money..Just saying...

:D:D:D Funny as bro.

No, that is 100% FALSE

Money for Ausfly was never a problem. That being said there was none left over to run off with :}

As a first time poster you need to check your facts a bit better ;)

Avgas172
22nd Jun 2014, 08:24

So it's just after midnight, you've closed down your internet browsing for the night, and after 6 years of zero input on PPRUNE you come up with that gem.
Having been involved with motorsport & aero clubs almost all of my adult life and having organised events and done the hard work from the inside to have an event come off successfully I have to ask .... Dude do you even have a clue?, you have successfully got through the last 50 years of your life to spew out garbage like that on your first ever post .... wake up!
Jaba you were too kind .... :ugh:

Jabawocky
22nd Jun 2014, 09:00
Jaba you were too kind ....

I have been taking hints and tips from Jack Ranga's new world of posting :}

Jack Ranga
22nd Jun 2014, 11:01
Mate, I was forced into anger management & rehabilitation :cool: the parole & community service was tough.

gerry111
22nd Jun 2014, 15:34
Alas, schluterflyer may indeed be younger than his claimed age.

But then who really cares?

Seriously now though... What's really happened to Ausfly 2014?

Jabawocky
23rd Jun 2014, 02:02
Postponed till next year.

Other bigger (and unrelated) priorities creating a resources shortage among a core group.

Simple as that.

dubbleyew eight
23rd Jun 2014, 02:06
the saaa has always teetered on the edge of a shortage in the core group.
you'd think they'd fix the structural problems in the org structure but some I'm sure love the drama and pressure. :E

no I'm never joining again.

no_one
23rd Jun 2014, 02:20
It is a shame that there isnt accurate information about the reasons available. It just allows the rumours and misinformation to spread. Nothing kills a rumour like the truth.

If it is due to a lack of human resources then that is clearly very disapointing. There are probably a number of members of SAAA who, if only they knew there was a problem, would be keen to assist.

Eljay
23rd Jun 2014, 06:13
Typical SAAA administration. They have burned everyone that ever tried to help them. Mangalore, promised the world, used everyone, then moved on.Wagga, promised the world, used everyone, then moved on. Cowra, promised the world, used everyone then moved on. Looks like it's Narromines turn.

bra83d
24th Jun 2014, 10:02
SAAA chapter 38 extended BBQ.

With the temporary demise of AUSFLY for this year, Members of the local chapter, 38, were faced with the prospect of having a very lonely meeting. Therefore after a quick discussion among the Chapter Exec, it has been decided to hold a flyin open to all interested parties together with an extended BBQ, held on the same dates. Friday 12th through to Sun 14th Sept at Narromine aerodrome.

The initial response to this proposal has been overwhelming. Many exhibitors have already expressed their wish to attend and display their wares, and it also seems likely that informative sessions will be run in conjunction with the "extended BBQ".

As this is a preliminary notice to all interested parties, there is little detail, simply as the Exec, at this stage, has no idea as to details. Once we have received the approval of all relevant authorities, then we can announce further plans. It will be "different" but hopefully very relevant to aviation.

Further details contact

Brad Naylor ([email protected]) or Neil Unger ([email protected])

dubbleyew eight
24th Jun 2014, 10:11
we transitioned from a central organisation to chapters during my time.
what used to happen is that everyone attended meetings and watched what the central group organised.....but did little themselves.

what was supposed to happen is that the central bs stopped and what the locals were doing was supposed to be centre stage.
...it was bloody slow happening I can tell you.

Chapter 38 taking over from the central group and organising a local narromine event is exactly what was supposed to happen.

more strength to your efforts guys! my sincere congratulations. W8

(no I'm not joining again)

Frank Arouet
24th Jun 2014, 10:44
QUOTE Once we have received the approval of all relevant authorities, then we can announce further plans QUOTE.

What approvals do you need to hold a fly in? Or am I missing something that wasn't mentioned that I can be excused for not knowing.

Just do it.

bra83d
24th Jun 2014, 11:22
"What approvals do you need to hold a fly in"

Mainly the Aerodrome operator, in this case Narromine Shire Council.

we hope to have a sit down with them this week if not early next week.

Plus whatever else rears it's ugly head.

There will be a big focus on the social side of flying as if we were to go into a flying display, that could most probably attract some attention from many different areas that we just don't need the headache from with only 10 weeks to work with.

Hopefully the weather gods shine on us and we can have a good fun safe weekend.

Brad

Frank Arouet
24th Jun 2014, 23:22
It would be polite to advise the Narromine Shire Council, but being a public aerodrome with no landing charges, non security controlled and functioning Aero Clubs which are set up to encourage aviation activities and act as a social outlet, I fail to see who else except the general public should be advised. I take it you are considering a "fly in" as opposed to an air show and you do not intend to charge money to attend.

CAsA will turn up by themselves now you have advertised this, so there is no need to even consider them. Indeed their attendance would act as a deterrent to a successful "fly in".

Notwithstanding all this, you are free to fund raise for local charity or aviation organisations as the Aero Club do on regular occasions.