PDA

View Full Version : Money whilst studying for ATPL's?

Rob 747
20th Nov 2001, 18:23
Does anybody know of any grants available to people who are in full time education??

My problem-

Im going to study ATPL's full time.I will not have time to work as i will be living away from.I will also have to pay for my accomodation. So as a result i need some of my hard earned income tax back!! :D :D Does anybody know how i can achieve this?

I know i cant get the dole coz im not actively seeking work :rolleyes: !
Although technically i am coz i am always on the lookout for possible pilot openings. :D :D

Any help appreciated

Rob

The African Dude
20th Nov 2001, 19:07
Hey Rob,

I'm in exactly the same situation. Only solution my feeble student brain has come up with is to work as an aerospace engineer to finance the damn ATPL... how original :)

But.. the gutting thing is that in order to do that I have to get Chartered status.. etc... so it feels like I'll never get round to training - :(

..anybody?

:)

Andy

Rob 747
20th Nov 2001, 19:37
AD

Ive had to work as a computer engineer for the last 3 years to help fund mine, but it still isnt enough :rolleyes: !

My P60 shows me that i have paid £9k in Tax and NI contributions.

SO I WANT IT BACK!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

barnaby
20th Nov 2001, 22:39
I'm on a course at the moment studying for my ATPL's and pondered about money myself! If you're giving up your full time job and have overpaid on your income tax then all you have to do is send you P45 to the nice little tax man with a letter stating that you will not be working again in this tax year and he'll send you a cheque back! Simple as that.

You also mentioned how to raise funds. Try the carrer development banks. You can get a loan of up to £8,000, which you don't pay on interest or repayments on until you've finished your course. I think that the participating banks are: Barclays, Clydesdale Bank, I forgot and I forgot again. Anyway, call one of the banks and get them to send you a pack, which will tell you who the banks are and how to apply.

Hope this is of help.