PDA

View Full Version : Spitfire PR XIX PM631

mauld
19th Jun 2014, 05:48
Spitfire PR XIX PM631 - YouTube

bingofuel
19th Jun 2014, 06:44
Another post to boost his video viewing figures!

DaveReidUK
19th Jun 2014, 07:08
Another post to boost his video viewing figures!Personally, I don't mind the occasional interesting video being posted here.

But a good rule-of-thumb in such circumstances, indeed before doing almost anything, is to ask oneself "what would happen if everybody decided to do what I'm doing?".

Particularly if doing so encouraged our Spanish friend to post more of his mind-numbingly boring ones. :O

jolihokistix
19th Jun 2014, 07:41
Sorry it never landed, but loved the video! :D

mauld
19th Jun 2014, 12:14
Videos are made to be viewed, I'm not braking any rules am I, If you don't like them don't watch. I'm not asking you for anything, just sharing an interest I have . If you have any further issues take them up with the administrators.

Jhieminga
19th Jun 2014, 13:59
You posted 37 times on this site, 29 of which (if my count is correct) are threads to promote a video. I consider this a discussion forum and as most of those threads do not have any replies they're missing the mark. If you just want to post videos, use youtube itself.

I've suggested to the moderators that they might institute a general 'videos' topic so that all these videos will be in one place. That makes it easier to avoid these posts if you don't want to watch them.

Ps. Commonly Confused Words - Brake versus Break (http://grammar.about.com/od/alightersideofwriting/a/Brake-And-Break.htm)

Sydy
19th Jun 2014, 18:43
Well,

Let him put the videos. Why not?

Mauld, keep it up!

Take care, you both.

Sydy

mauld
20th Jun 2014, 07:33
Ps. Commonly Confused Words - Brake versus Break

That's why I use video instead of writing as a communication medium, but you understood what I meant. I try and produce videos that transcend language barriers. Some of my post have produced discussion. These are historic aircraft in an Historic aircraft forum. If you don't want to don't click on the posts.

India Four Two
21st Jun 2014, 08:38
Malcolm,

I think you would get less criticism if you pointed out in your posts that you created the videos. I suspect many PPRuNers thought you were just posting links to other people's videos, as I did.

Also, it would be useful to indicate where and when the filming was done.

Having said all that, I do tend to agree with jolihokistix that it would have been nice to see the landing of the PRXIX.

joy ride
21st Jun 2014, 09:11
I have watched several of mauld's videos where the subject has been of interest to me. I assumed they were his, and they are of good enough quality to be worth watching, and as they are in the appropriate thread I have no objection to them.

mauld
21st Jun 2014, 11:16
I would have loved to have videoed the landing unfortunatly the landing was at Coningsby and I was at Duxford.

stevef
21st Jun 2014, 20:25
There really are some miserable characters on the Internet sometimes.
The last time I looked, the forum title was Aviation History and Nostalgia. I don't see mauld contradicting the subject.
As for grammar zealots - I thought Pprune was an aviation website, not The Times Online...
Keep posting the videos, mauld. :D

mmitch
22nd Jun 2014, 11:00
Mauld has posted many videos on forums I frequent. They are always well filmed and do not have NOISY music over the original sound. If somebody on the other side of the world would like to see and hear a Spitfire XIX flypast then it's probably the only chance they will get. He spends the same effort on steam engines too.
mmitch.

India Four Two
22nd Jun 2014, 11:01
He spends the same effort on steam engines too.

:ok:

PS I hope they are GWR. :E

mauld
22nd Jun 2014, 16:39
He spends the same effort on steam engines too.

I don't do steam engines. I like steam engines, but I do aircraft.