PDA

View Full Version : David Clark X11 issue

aircraftcaptain
18th Jun 2014, 02:23
Hi, just wondering if any of you have the same issues that I do with the D/C X11.

To start off, I love these headphones. They're an awesome bit of kit which has served me well on numerous aircraft. I've used them in a PA28, PA44, C172R, C172SP and even a King Air with no issue, but for some reason when I jump into older aircraft such as the C172P or C172N, the volume controls on the side of the headset do not work and the volume is cranked beyond what I thought this headset was capable of. Every transmission made over the radio is blasted and clipped, making it hard to make out any transmission. I usually walk away from the aircraft with a headache afterward.

Any ideas? Have any of you had a similar issue?

rutan around
18th Jun 2014, 12:26
Just a thought . Are those aircraft 24 volts?

VH-XXX
18th Jun 2014, 12:36
24 volts won't affect your headset.

Have you tried another headset in this aircraft as in has anyone else complained too?

Is there a separate intercom volume on the dash of this particular aircraft?

seavenom
18th Jun 2014, 19:53
I had similar issues with my pair. After months of frustration, I asked around the local avionics shops and was told that if I hadn't had problems with them, I was the only one. I sent them to the service agent at Bankstown who fixed the issue promptly and sent them back as better than new.

truthinbeer
18th Jun 2014, 23:13
+1 for the DC agent at Bankstown. First rate service. I took in a H10-13X ENC headset that was playing up. I bought these used. They checked them over, replaced the lead from the battery pack handed them back and said "No charge". I emailed DC in US and let them know how delighted I was with their product, warranty stance and the good work of the local agent. :D
When I am ready to upgrade I will of-course look favourably at another DC headset.

PatrickF
19th Jun 2014, 09:16
+ another one for the DC service. I bought mine second hand just inside warranty period and then noticed the lead end had perished. Returned to me fully refurbished together with a lead that suits the iphone and the extra seals to improve the seal when wearing sunnies. No charge