PDA

View Full Version : ATPL Distance learning

davide7472
16th Jun 2014, 14:36
Hi, I'd like to study for ATPL theory.
Is there anyone who knows these flight schools?

Flight School Flying Academy (http://www.flyingacademy.com/index.php?page=flying-academy-it)

- | Fly-in-Spain |- Spain, Jerez, EASA-ATO-Flight-Training PPL, CPL, IR, ME, ATPL, PPL-A EASA accelarated intensive training Holiday fly where the sun shines (http://www.fly-in-spain.com/en/)

What is the best one?

Any advices?
thank you

OhNoCB
16th Jun 2014, 23:13
For distance learning, my only advice is Bristol Groundschool.

I have rarely (in fact, I don't think ever) heard anything bad written about them.

paco
17th Jun 2014, 04:39
Pro Pilot
GTS Bournemouth
BCFT Bournemouth
Others

CrabbitOldBugger
17th Jun 2014, 21:17
Bristol Ground School.

ArronG
19th Jun 2014, 14:46
Although I have nothing to compare it with, Bristol GroundSchool, has worked well for me.

davide7472
20th Jun 2014, 08:59
Is there Anyone who has been in Bartolini Air?

acutabove007
23rd Jun 2014, 14:32
Im amazed no one has mentioned CATS yet, as that would have been the first suggestion from me.

CATS Aviation Training | Global Homepage (http://www.catsaviation.com/)

Ive seen a few different schools, and different approaches to getting students through the course, be it in house or distance learning, and I would definately say they are ahead of the game with things.

You will get everything you need to pass all 14 examinations with the support of the whole team, and no "cracks in the floor to fall through should you get stuck :ugh:", there will always be someone there to help.

Moreover check out the price :):)...thats a few more hours in the air :8

speed_alive_rotate
23rd Jun 2014, 14:58
Aviation Exam, no question!! Nearly all exam questions appear in their bank of questions and their explanations as well as online support is fantastic.

keith williams
23rd Jun 2014, 22:02
Do Aviation Exam run an ATPL Distance Learning Course?

speed_alive_rotate
24th Jun 2014, 08:02
Not sure actually, however I would strongly use them to supplement any distance learning coarse if not. Really found them excellent when I was doing my ATPLs.

clkorm3
24th Jun 2014, 09:33
I couldn't agree more with acutabove007, CATS served me well although I did it residential. Stuart is very knowledgeable and always willing to help, I enjoyed my time there although it was very intense. First Time passes with average of over 90% in 5 months. Very happy customer.

far from home
17th Jul 2014, 11:10
Hi there,

I'm an airline pilot with ICAO atpl (4 different countries) and I want to take the ATPL exams in the UK to get the EASA atpl license.
On the process of booking an E-exam with the UK CAA, I came across the need for an ATO ( approved training organization).
I believe I can study for the exam and don't need any school.
Anyone there with some knowledge about this? Any way to by pass this?
Thanks!:sad:

seymoreskye
22nd Jul 2014, 21:57
Conversion Process ICAO EASA ATPL | EASA License ExamsGulf Coast Training Solutions (http://www.easalicense.com/conversion-process/?gclid=CjwKEAjwl7ieBRCK2rCtqcCS7jESJACZKQFKJbyu_VQitvjKyh7bG 7_GpvG6qpf6WOWMl-2RnC4eFRoCGBbw_wcB)

Worked with these guys. No complaints at all

EchoSierra
23rd Jul 2014, 18:49
I'm with Bristol Ground School, can't fault them at all

paco
23rd Jul 2014, 19:20
far from home - any details of exemptions will be found in CAP 804, downloadable from the CAA website. On the face of it, you could self-certify, but you won't pass the exams on knowledge alone.

2close
23rd Jul 2014, 20:32
far from home,

To self certify for the EASA ATPL theory exams you will need a current ICAO Annex 1 ATPL with a current and valid type rating of an aircraft type recognised by EASA as a multi-crew aircraft plus you will need to meet all the experience requirements for EASA ATPL issue, 1,500 hrs Total Time, including 500 hrs Multi-Crew, etc.

As Paco points out these can be found in CAP 804.

You probably have all of this but it's worth mentioning as a few guys have turned up in the past with a simple MEP class rating on a FAA ATPL, thinking they can convert it to a JAA/EASA ATPL. :sad:

:)

Black Pudding
24th Jul 2014, 08:56
Bristol Ground School is like Disneyland

Until you have been, you have no idea how good it is and trying to tell someone is impossible.

BRISTOL GROUND SCHOOL