PDA

View Full Version : Type Transfer to EASA

A3301FD
16th Jun 2014, 00:39
Has anyone with a Hong Kong Type transferred it to their EASA license?

If so, what's the process? Can it be done in a Hong Kong sim?

My understanding is that just need to do an LST at the end of your normal Aircraft Rating or the differences, done by an EASA examiner, complete the form, pay the cash...

Dan Winterland
16th Jun 2014, 03:17
The EASA part FCLs state that a third country type rating may be put on an EASA licence limited to aircraft registered to the third country. To put the type on the ERASA licence a Licence Skills Test (LST) on that type must be conducted. As the only difference between that an a Licence Proficiency Check (LPC) is a raw data flown approach, it can be done as part of the induction LPS for the new company.

However, it depends on which EASA member state authority you deal with. For example, Ireland's IAA have no problems with putting the third country rating on your licence, but the UK CAA have not yet got a clear plan as how to do this (no surprises here!). I have been asking for quite some time how they intend to implement it and have had no answers yet. It seems they are telling pilots to do a LST on an EASA sim with an EASA examiner.

Might be a good time to change your licence issuing agency to the IAA.

Threethirty
16th Jun 2014, 08:55
I did it in 2012 at OAA in LHR, used the BMI Airbus 330-200 sim.

A3301FD
16th Jun 2014, 10:04
Would you be kind enough to pm the contact details for me etc etc?

SloppyJoe
16th Jun 2014, 10:12
expect you will get an answer or be given the person to contact from here.

Type Rating Training - CAE Oxford Aviation Academy (http://www.caeoaa.com/other-training/type-rating-training/#.U57C141dV7U)

Klimax
16th Jun 2014, 12:20
It may have change, since JAA, but to get unrestricted type rating entry into the licence, you'd correctly, as said, have to do an EASA LST. However 500H on type was also a requirement under JAA.

Has this changed?

A3301FD
16th Jun 2014, 14:39
The 500 hour clause has not changed under EASA.

bufe01
19th Jun 2014, 01:11
I have a UK CAA licence, did a sim at LH with a LH JAA examiner to have a valid type on my JAA licence and convert it to EASA, 500 hrs P1 was a requirement, should be pretty much a similar process under EASA.

You need an EASA certified sim and an EASA certified examiner.
You may get authorization to use a non JAA sim, depends on the national CAA.
Years agò I contacted the then JAA now EASA and if you have a case they will authorize but the request has to arrive from the national CAA and that is where I got stuck.
The examiner must definitely be EASA, can be from a country different from the licence issuing country but I Think under EASA an authorization and a briefing are required from the licence issuing CAA, I believe this is the case with UK CAA.
If you are going "somewhere else" I am pretty sure you can do it during your sim check and save the money.

Klimax
20th Jun 2014, 03:41
I'm not 100% sure, I do not think it has to be 500H as P1, just 500H on type in any flying capacity (eg P1, PIC/US, P2).