PDA

View Full Version : JetAsia Airways

Air Swimmer
13th Jun 2014, 03:01
Does someone have any information about JetAsia Airways B767 captain pay,schedule, and how its like working with them in Bangkok?
Thank you,

GoForIt
14th Jun 2014, 13:27
I've heard nothing good about them and lots bad. A friend from another Thai operator I used to work for said that 13 Jet Asia Engineers (Mechanics) had come to them looking for work because they are convinced Jet Asia will soon be out of business.

I've heard of pressure on Captains to fly non airworthy airplanes, guys getting fired for refusing to fly broken airplanes, and one even getting sued for writing up something that grounded an airplane. Don't expect to get your last pay check when you leave.

piratepete
14th Jun 2014, 14:43
Jet Asia sucks big time.Horrible management, the worst in the business, very unprofessional.Its common to be asked to fly un-airworthy planes (767s), "or else".Pilots are fired every week for minor transgressions like not wanting to go outside the MEL.Go figure......Pete.

cmonti007
14th Jun 2014, 19:50
Heavy staff lay-offs since June 10 across the board. No notice given. 20 gone with another 30 to come. Japan business lost, UN Pakistan operation going down, salaries not paid in full and on time, FO's on furlough, EU ACMI ops did not kick off due to bad shape of planes and nil updated docs, service providers are not being paid, head office moved to a cheaper place, hiring freeze across the board.....Do you want to join?:=

Lamb 787
16th Jun 2014, 21:45
On top of everything else, not paying contract simulator instructors for services provided.
Many promises tmade by flight ops management that monies are coming but blocked by the top dog!
No respect for the need for quality training or for pilots in general.
Stay away!

Metro man
16th Jun 2014, 22:55
You'd probably be better off waiting until after it folds up and reappears under a different company. I've lost count of the number of names I've seen on these aircraft in the last few years but each one had a similar story to what's described above.

Stay away unless you're really desperate, even Orient Thai looks preferable.

Flyboy41
17th Jun 2014, 19:39
Hi,

Had a buddy of mine do a Skype interview for Asia Atlantic airlines. They got 767 aircrafts as well based in bkk. Maybe you would like to try there air swimmer!!!
But don't know much about them, maybe others can shed light. Basic pay for a 767 skipper is 270,000 bht. Around 8,300USD. But maybe other guys can comment......

Safe landings

cmonti007
19th Jun 2014, 13:51
If Jet Asia owes you go after them now before the brothers bail out. Big bull speach today, JAA will take Thai Airways on. Well compare the Bangkok trash rat with a graceful Thai Elephant!!!!

Air Swimmer
22nd Jun 2014, 20:42
I thank everyone who commented on this. Now I have better picture about the airlines. I trust my fellow pilots more than Jet Asia or any other small airlines. They pretend to be above standard just to trap you in their corupt system.
FLYBOY41:
thanks for the info. Is this job commutable?

Flyboy41
23rd Jun 2014, 07:43
Hi,

Unfortunately not. Based in bkk....

cmonti007
6th Jul 2014, 14:09
For the second time in the past six months no salaries have been paid at JAA but instead a stupid letter from the CEO citing cash flow problems but promising a bright future as usual.

Flyboy41
6th Jul 2014, 18:25
Guess it's a question of stay away as far as you can!!!!

kwaiyai
7th Jul 2014, 03:43
Unfortunately CEO sounds like another Crystal, U, 9Start Gent.
The land of fake Smiles again.

zia319
7th Jul 2014, 06:17
Your not far off na Kwaiyai! That plonker is an paid advisor to the CEO of either JAA or AAA

JanetFlight
8th Jul 2014, 00:32
Weird news indeed because JAA has just celebrated an agreement with Portuguese EuroAtlantic Airways to share planes, crews, etc last days. AFAIK the JAA has passed all audits by european/portuguese CAA's and EASA and HS-JAK -200's has been based and flying out of Lisbon on a very regular basis since last weeks(for portuguese carriers), with all "itens" in accordance with the shiny european strong & demanding rules.

zerograv
8th Jul 2014, 01:14
Heard it went to the land of SAFA (Paris) and ... was grounded.

Rock On ;)

Chocks Away
12th Jul 2014, 05:10
What to believe then?

Here is their latest Razzle Dazzle. (http://www.bangkokpost.com/most-recent/419562/charter-airline-to-start-scheduled-flights)

kwaiyai
15th Jul 2014, 05:58
I dont work for them but I know one local FO who does and it seems he has a lot of spare time on the ground.
Maybe this time it wont be more Hot Air.

1expat
6th Nov 2014, 14:38
https://us-mg5.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=2%5f0%5f0%5f1%5f964551%5fACDkimIAABAnVFnKVAAnEB EGVMk&m=YaDownload&pid=1.2&fid=Inbox&inline=1&appid=yahoomail

FO767
22nd Mar 2015, 12:28
What is the BS?

Can they take foreign FO and what is the salary ?

Being base in bangkok would be good life experience

kwaiyai
24th Mar 2015, 06:09
I posted this before but anyway its off the JAA website.

Applicants

should possess the following attributes: 20-45 years of age
Thai nationality
Minimum of 3 years’ Experience as a Pilot (Senior First Officer)

- OR -

Graduated from Thai DCA Approved Training Organization (ATO)
At least a total of 1,500 flight hours with a minimum of 500 hours on type (B767) and current in the past 12 months (as Senior First Officer, On type)

- OR -

Less than 1,500 hours total time with a minimum of 500 hours on type (B767) and current in the past 12 months (as Junior First Officer, On type)

- OR -

Minimum total of 200 flight hours with ICAO Commercial pilot license (CPL), Instrument Rating and Multi-engine (aeroplane) current in the past 12 months (Junior First Officer, Non type)
Must have Air Transport Pilot License (ATPL) with Type rating in a commercial jet or military fixed wing experience (as Senior First Officer)
TOEIC 650+ and ICAO English Proficiency Level 4 (minimum)
Valid Class 1 Medical Certificate.
No history of Accidents/Incidents within 3 years
For on type B767 pilots, your last flight on a B767 must be within 1 year from the date of application.

FO767
24th Mar 2015, 08:35
It seem like they do take non thai FO.

Are there any currently employed there ? How different is expat contract ?

FO Cokebottle
24th Mar 2015, 10:16
Minimum total of 200 flight hours with ICAO Commercial pilot license (CPL), Instrument Rating and Multi-engine (aeroplane) current in the past 12 months (Junior First Officer, Non type)
Must have Air Transport Pilot License (ATPL) with Type rating in a commercial jet or military fixed wing experience (as Senior First Officer)

Am I missing something here...or are they?

To be issued and ATPL you must have obtained a minimum of 1,500 flight hours of experience which must include xx hours night and xx hours cross country and hold a valid Instrument Rating

So how can a P2F fully integrated VFR 150 hour commercial graduate with an added MECIR having a TT of 200 flight hours experience be capable of holding an ATPL?

FO767
24th Mar 2015, 18:38
Think 2 different requirements

CPL for JFO
ATPL for SFO

Pin Head
25th Mar 2015, 00:22
But will they take a foreign non thai FO?

I honestly think that the number of local unrated pilots is drying up. Super low experience and all in a growing market (ThaiLion)

Pin