PDA

View Full Version : Flight planning software manuals

gigi_macaz
11th Jun 2014, 22:37
Hi there,

I have been reading this forum for a while now and, to be honest, i find it quite interesting.
I decided to create an account and start posting because i need your help.
Could any of you provide me with user manuals for any of the following flight planning systems?

lido
sabre
pps
arinc
jeppesen

I know some of you might view this as sensitive data so discretion is in order on my behalf.

If you are wondering why do i need them for, i was tasked by the company i work for to seek alternatives to our current flt planning system (which will be discontinued) and evaluate the features with pros and cons of various software.

Also, i have 2 more questions for you guys:
1. Which one would you chose, and more importantly, WHY?
2. How does the flt planning software of the future look, by your standards, in terms of features?

PMs / e-mails are welcomed too.

Cheers,
Gigi

dallas
12th Jun 2014, 12:38
See PM......

SU-GCM
12th Jun 2014, 14:18
Depends on your type of operation and number of aircraft in your fleet , number of dispatchers you have or operations officers,etc...

Send your email in inbox and I'll pass you one of those requested

Good Luck !

gigi_macaz
12th Jun 2014, 14:42
@SU-GCM
See PM please.

Cheers,
Gigi

mutt
12th Jun 2014, 16:45
Stay far away from Sabre......

gigi_macaz
12th Jun 2014, 16:52
What's wrong with it?

plans123
28th Jun 2014, 19:31
Check pm.......

OverRun
29th Jun 2014, 10:24
Hi gigi,
Brief as Mutt’s response was, my experience and exposure on PPRUNE over the years has taught me to place considerable weight on his advice. Sometimes one cannot post much in the way of detail because it could compromise things at work.

BTW number of posts is a bit like flying hours – 5,000 posts is one heck of a lot.