PDA

View Full Version : Bush aircraft syndication.

biggles61
11th Jun 2014, 20:19
Hi all, I'm looking at trying to put together a syndicate, Ardmore based with a bush airstrip capable four place aircraft. Looking at a Maule, Piper Super Pacer or similar. Any interest?

c100driver
12th Jun 2014, 04:11
Four seat bush capable - sounds like a Cessna 180 or 185 to me. I already know of one C180 in a syndicate of 10 pilots so it is possible to find enough interest.

If you are thinking of rag and tube, big tyres, VG kits etc then a Maule is really the best option. However these machines with that sort of operation are not good syndicate friendly aircraft.

The last PA22 syndicate at Ardmore really struggled to fly enough to pay its bills and was propped up by one member with the cash.

It is really hard to design and manage a good syndicate, lots of people who go yeah I am in and then disappear when time comes to stump up with the cash! Everyone wants to fly it cheap but don't put their hands in the pocket when a setback with an engine or other issue turns up.

If you do think you can get enough interest build it backwards i.e. workout how you disolve the syndicate, sell a share or purchase expensive items that there is not enough money in the kitty for. If you get that basic detail sorted then your syndicate has a better than 50/50 chance of being a success.