PDA

View Full Version : MACH2 'FILM'

TURIN
11th Jun 2014, 20:51
This has to be the worst film ever made.

Apparently Concorde has 'flaps', is a 'wide body' and has passenger windows the size of a 787's. The passenger doors can also be opened in flight to signal F14s to wave off. It can also outmanouvre sidewinder missiles.

Oh and Northern France looks suspiciously like Nevada from about 10,000ft.

Movies4Men on UK TV seem to have it on a loop at the moment.

Enjoy.

con-pilot
11th Jun 2014, 21:04
Jeeze, you just now seeing this movie?

But don't worry, it was just as crappy when it first came out. :p

TURIN
11th Jun 2014, 21:08
I think we finally have sufficient number of TV channels for it to be shown without anyone actually having to watch it. I managed 10 minutes at the end.

tony draper
11th Jun 2014, 21:12
Yeh yeh!whatever,but is there anybody wi big tits in it?.:rolleyes:

MG23
11th Jun 2014, 21:24
Apparently Concorde has 'flaps', is a 'wide body' and has passenger windows the size of a 787's. The passenger doors can also be opened in flight to signal F14s to wave off. It can also outmanouvre sidewinder missiles.

Is it better or worse than Airport '80? I seem to remember in that one, that the Concorde does a loop while the pilot opens the cockpit window to fire a flare to distract the missiles?

con-pilot
11th Jun 2014, 21:26
Is it better or worse than Airport '80?

Oops, I thought that was the one we were talking about.

So, never mind. :O

TURIN
11th Jun 2014, 21:40
Much worse than Airport 80. At least that had Joe Patroni.

Yes Drapes, Norks a plenty from the support cast.

Shannon Whirry (https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Shannon+Whirry&espv=2&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=GL6YU5KVGK6p7Aajt4CwBg&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ&biw=1280&bih=683)

ChristiaanJ
11th Jun 2014, 21:46
If we're actually talking Airport '80, that's worth watching because all the air-to-air is real and not CGI.
Flown by Jean Franchi. The "Alps" in the film are in reality the Pyrenees (conveniently close to Toulouse).
It was also Jean Franchi who suggested doing a barrel roll istead of the "looping" in the film..... pity the offer wasn't taken up !

Cacophonix
12th Jun 2014, 04:43
As ever, Mr Draper is in the right of it!

Noted this wonder of cinematic art and errant aviation nonsense for the first time myself yesterday . Suffice it to say that the "electronics expert" was super fit and her cross your heart bra would have brought a reassuring smile from Howard Hughes himself...

A film to forget faster than Mach 2 though!

Caco

Howard81
15th Jul 2014, 20:53
This was on again tonight..

The external shots of the Concorde throughout were actually taken from Airport '80 footage! Which incidentally the Concorde used was the ill-fated F-BTSC. Interior looks like a 747. The rest of it was utterly terrible acting..