PDA

View Full Version : A very British airline - BBC2

RevMan2
11th Jun 2014, 16:17
Watched episode 1 and was stunned at the lost opportunities - almost like "Motorway cops at FL310", but without the humanity.

Their cabin training regime comes across as inept, petty and focussed more on appearance that content - not knowing that a cabin config is 3-4-3 is relevant on the aircraft (unless you're a Rew or CKI agent), not a reason for dismissal but not weeding out someone who who hasn't a clue how to talk to a customer - let alone a foreign one - is irresponsible. (You can train skills, you can't train culture)

They lost the chance to really show the complexity and knock-on impacts of maintenance delays on schedules, they managed to pump some more fuel into the class war fire with "His ticket costs more than my annual salary" and the whole thing came across as utterly trite.

Look at "The Tube" to see how it can be done....

S.o.S.
11th Jun 2014, 18:47
This topic has already started (before the series started) within the AA&R forum http://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes/523133-british-airways-19.html so I suggest that the subject stays there.

I'll leave this here so that others can see the topic and be inspired to join in. RevMan2, you might like to copy and paste this as a new reply in the BA thread.