PDA

View Full Version : Quick update on my ATPLs experiences

Johnny Bekkestad
11th Jun 2014, 15:11
So, i just finished my ATPLs. I am finally done. I've gained 15kg and lost all of my hair in the process.
All first time pass. Total average score at 93.5%
Here is a quick recap of what i've done and my thoughts on different ways to study.

I started it all by subscribing to CATS. After about 3 months i was able to get into a free course at TFHS so i skipped CATS for that one.
That was a 1 year course at a University and it is very repuitable here in Sweden.
I did all my school tests but was to afraid to take the real test so by the time i was done with the school i had not taken a single official test.
So in November of 2013 i decided to get this SH...T done.
I subscribed to atplonline and started with the question banks.

Everything was going well, and i put down a lot of hours trying to learn each question rather than memorizing it. Which i found difficult and time consuming. Specially since atplonline did not have satisfactory explainations to the questions.

Anyway, after about 7 tests i decided to try bgconline instead. They cost the same and they looked to have explanations... Wow was i surprised when i took my AGK test. I was sure i was going to fail. Even thought i had gone over every single question in the bank about 5 times. I stubmled upon a test that i could say that i had seen about 50% of the questions beforehand.
Still passed the test. Was my lowest score at 86%
Went back to atplonline and managed to finish up quick and fairly painless.

These were my study resources and what i thought.

CATS - Online bank, irritating way to study since you cannot save the state you were and did not want to finish reading 100 pages. Cannot say that i recognized any of the questions
BGSOnline - Gave me false sense of security, they had good explanations on the questions. But too many of the real questions were missing.
Dauntless - Only one i used that was offline. Great for use since i travel at work. On the drawback again was the quality of the bank.
AtplOnline - Was by far the best bank. 90+% of the questions were in the bank. I just wish they would have more explanations and perhaps even add an offline version.

I also used different books

Oxford - Too detailed, everything is there. If you learn the books. You wont need a question bank.
Nordian - Very good books. Not too detailed, seems to cover what you need to know.

Anyway that was a short description of what i went through.

Take care and safe flying!