PDA

View Full Version : Anyone done FAA dispatch licence

BryanC123
22nd May 2002, 13:54
Thinking of doing my FAA dispatch licence and would appreciate any advice or info anyone may have.

Trying to find out how much dosh i will need and where best place to do it?

:)

Thanks all in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!

ETOPS MAN
24th May 2002, 19:12
Airline Ground School run a correspondence course with a week in house training if you already have an aviation background.
Otherwise 6 weeks training is required.
I got my ticket last year from these guys in Long Beach California on the accelerated course.
My advice would be this course would only be suitable for those with a solid aviation background as the in house training is very rushed and several students were left behind in the dark.
I know of good reports about sheffield dispatch school maybe someone can add to this.

AGS website is www.agschools.com

Good luck.

:)

desertking
24th May 2002, 19:42
From previous post it appears that you are a young person. To take the FAA course you have to be at least 21 years of age. You cannot obtain a certificate until you reach your 23rd birthday.

Another school located in Tucson Arizona offers the program. I graduated from the school in 1999 and have been working as a dispatcher since graduation at Mesa Airlines in Phoenix Arizona.

Their website address is: www.flightcontrolacademy.com

Good Luck

BryanC123
25th May 2002, 20:47
I am 25 and have six years of airline experience so that shouldnt be too much probs. Thanks all for the tips and anymore welcome

llesson
30th May 2002, 09:15
Ive been thinking of doing the FAA licence at Flight Safety in New York. I was hoping to do the advanced course but noy quite sure how much knowledge you need. Ive worked in Load control for Lufthansa / BMI and dispatch at gatwick as well as having my PPL. Any help appreciated!!!!!
cheers!
LL

Pete McGuirk
30th May 2002, 12:01
BryanC123

E-mail me - I may have some info that is useful to you.

Pete

:rolleyes: :eek:

dispatcher121
2nd Jun 2002, 13:25
We hire most of our dispatchers directly out Sheffield in Florida. However I rec'd my license from the Career Academy in Anchorage, AK.