PDA

View Full Version : Flight instructor program US?

Marchisio
10th Jun 2014, 16:14
Hello guys!

I'm looking for a school to do an instructor rating in United States.
But do anybody know a school where it is possible to stay and instruct after you have finished your instructor training?

I know there is quite a few schools in Florida where you can do a program from 0 hours to instructor where you are offered a position as instructor afterwards.
But does anybody know a school where you can do this when I just need the Instructor rating while I already hold FAA CPL/MEIR and EASA CPL/MEIR? Preferably in Florida or California

Thanks

zondaracer
11th Jun 2014, 00:30
If you already hold all of those ratings, it would be pretty hard to find a program where you credit enough hours to get the F-1 visa unless you attended a University.

Having said that, I know a guy who attended a 4 year university and was able to instruct at the same time (F-1 visa). Upon graduation, he had accumulated enough hours to be able to enter a regional airline during his OPT training after graduation (12 months duration).

Geosync
13th Jun 2014, 02:34
Try American Flyers in Santa Monica(Los Angeles), California. Haven't flown there but by all accounts a good orginization. Also there is ATP in Sacramento, California and I think in Hayward, CA(close to San Francisco). I'd contact both of them and see what they can offer. I'm sure they get the question all the time so you'd better be pretty good to get a promised job.