PDA

View Full Version : new mobile Fonerange

mad_jock
10th Jun 2014, 13:14
Been looking for a new mobile.

Not interested in the slightest in I thingy's

And I also require a dual sim phone if possible.

Was having a look on the river place and discovered a range called the Fonerange.

They had an android smart and just a normal one.

Well they are yellow. But dust water and dropping down behind the rudder pedals proof. Also the none smart one has a pretty good LED torch on it.

Been running them for a week and for the price of them cracking. Not the lightest phone on the planet. But solid.

The android smart version very easy to use and set up and just works.

The normal phone same again just does what you want and works.

Anyway if you not looking for a trendy image phone just one for work which does the job and doesn't cost a fortune won't break, can survive getting drenched on the ramp they are worth a look at.

Our CAMO took one look at them and got 10 for the engineers on the ramp.

Anyway they are worth a look if your that way inclined and fed up with the disposable ones that they feed to the consumers.

BEagle
10th Jun 2014, 17:16
Looks like a good phone for adults, rather than some fragile toy designed for teenage girls.....

Still using my trusty Nokia 6310i - very rarely needs recharging and doesn't have any silly 'apps'. Much to the amusement of my god-daughter's IT-geek hubby.

Saab Dastard
10th Jun 2014, 19:08
trusty Nokia 6310i

I had one of those for about 7 years. It survived being hurled across the room against a wall on one occasion. I finally retired it in 2009.

I've used a variety of phones since, none of which were particularly good, mainly because of colour displays that are impossible to read outside in daylight, and am currently using a 3410, which is not as good as the 6310, but perfectly functional for phone calls and receiving messages.

I've had a company iphone 4s which was great for emails and camera etc., but not as good as a phone.

SD

mad_jock
10th Jun 2014, 19:28
That's why I though it was worth posting.

best design I have seen for "adults" I have seen for a long time.

The android one is pretty good as well lets you tether to a PC with minimal fuss.

Got to keep these xp machines connected to the internet somehow ;-)