PDA

View Full Version : Sepp Blatter.

superq7
9th Jun 2014, 18:40
This man is a joke, see this link.

BBC Sport - Qatar 2022: Sepp Blatter says corruption claims are racist (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27762435)

500N
9th Jun 2014, 18:45
Joke.

I wonder how he has got away with it for so long.

tony draper
9th Jun 2014, 18:47
The idea they might have to hand back the stuffed brown envelopes fills em with dread.
:)

superq7
9th Jun 2014, 18:52
Backhanders and brown envelopes, it stinks and then re Qatar he tries to play the race card, he's pathetic !

Akrotiri71
9th Jun 2014, 18:52
FIFA/Blatter are rotten to the core! And it pains me, being a big fan of the 'beautiful game'.
Cheers, Akro.

Capetonian
9th Jun 2014, 18:54
Jokes are funny. There is nothing amusing about Blatter, a corrupt piece of vermin, a disgrace to the fine and proud nation of the Swiss, and a disgrace even to the dirty business that football has become.

angels
9th Jun 2014, 18:57
He is horrendous.

We know quite a few football 'personalities' through my (ex England international!!) wife's work with the FA. Most of them who deal with him loath him. No surprise I suppose, but there we go.

I believe his main claim to fame previously was that he was number one in the Swiss Ice Hockey Federation or somesuch.

ukpilotinca
9th Jun 2014, 19:09
Don't know if this has been posted already but great summary of FIFA by John Oliver over the weekend.

DlJEt2KU33I

Saintsman
9th Jun 2014, 19:42
There is a potential bright side to this. The Qataris have already spent big money in-country in preparation for the world cup.

If they get it taken away from them, then they will sue FIFA. If they win, they will bankrupt FIFA with their claim for compensation.

If they lose, then it will be because FIFA will have to admit to taking bungs. FIFA lose all credibility and have to fold.

Either way Blatter will be history, along with the rest of them.

Andy_S
9th Jun 2014, 19:45
He is horrendous.

He is indeed. Unfortunately, he's also a very effective politician. I'm not saying he's personally corrupt, but he's allowed a culture to develop in which many of FIFA's power brokers have far too much to lose by throwing him overboard. He gets to stay in charge and they get to keep on filling their boots....

Self Loathing Freight
9th Jun 2014, 20:10
ESPN's story has Blatter promising "FIFA member countries bonus payments from 2014 World Cup profits. The tournament revenue will approach $4.5 billion for FIFA." Out and out bribery if you ask me.

Sepp Blatter slams critics who he says want to destroy FIFA - ESPN FC (http://www.espnfc.com/fifa-world-cup/story/1870402/sepp-blatter-slams-critics-who-he-says-want-to-destroy-fifa)

Fox3WheresMyBanana
9th Jun 2014, 20:14
Can he please be charged with the manslaughter of the 400 dead construction workers in Qatar (so far - 8 years to go), about which FIFA are doing f#ck-all?

tony draper
9th Jun 2014, 20:52
According to Newsnight I think it was Qatar cant sue FIFA because they sign some kind of document to that effect before they are allowed to bid or something,nowt to stop em declaring a Fatwah agin the fat bastard though.:E

pigboat
9th Jun 2014, 21:01
I saw the title of this thread and though it was a misspelling of a particular virulent strain of urinary infection. :eek:

Capetonian
9th Jun 2014, 21:03
I'm not saying he's personally corrupt No, of course not, it's his tabby cat that's corrupt.

Can he be charged with theft from the thousands of people in South Africa who ended up worse off because of FIFA's greed and corruption after the 2010 football there?

G-CPTN
9th Jun 2014, 22:32
Statement from Blatter to the effect that FIFA will rule on the matter by September or October and then the matter 'will be closed':-

FIFA will rule on the validity of the bidding for the 2018 and 2022 World Cups in September or October. At that point, the president of football's world governing body said, the "matter will be closed".
From:- BBC Sport - Qatar 2022: Sepp Blatter says corruption claims are racist (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27762435)

Cacophonix
9th Jun 2014, 22:44
The man is an example of how disgusting the Swiss really are (not being racist or anything). ;)

He should have been imprisoned years ago. Still we have Bliar and the Americans have their consciences (if they have such) and a bit of Blair.

Damn it, let it rain...

This is the stuff these people do...

In years of yore somebody would have simply used a garrote.

The world as it is disgusts me. Blatter is just one aspect of the toxin.

Tom Waits - Lie To Me - YouTube

Caco

Alloa Akbar
10th Jun 2014, 12:58
My O/H's brother in law works at FIFA.. A bigger, more loathesome and generally vile piece of rat snot than Blatter, you will struggle to find.

On the bright side, when adidas are taking him to task, then he really has upset people and genuinely under threat, as adidas more or less fund FIFA and their daily lavish expenses.

IB4138
10th Jun 2014, 13:34
Does anyone own one of his cuckoo clocks that ever worked?

Fox3WheresMyBanana
10th Jun 2014, 13:43
The latest anthropological research indicates that fists may have shaped the human face.
BBC News - Male faces 'buttressed against punches' by evolution (http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-27720617)
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/brv.12112/abstract;jsessionid=765DDD62E65C3AA8EE62A7A872D9DB5A.f02t02

May I volunteer Mr Blatter's face to test this theory?

It would seem logically to recommend sampling a wide range of fists from all racial groups.
Repeating scientific experiments is always a good idea to improve reliability.
I suspect we will not be short of volunteer punchers. ;)

May I also refer readers to two possible meanings of the word 'Blat'

Blat (term) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blat_%28term%29), a form of corruption in Russia and the Soviet Union
Blat (Romania) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blat_%28Romania%29), a term denoting a fixed match in Romanian football

Effluent Man
10th Jun 2014, 13:48
If I might speak out for his Blattership,I think this is the first time I have ever seen a Pprune thread with no contrary opinion.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
10th Jun 2014, 13:50
Perhaps the Mods could put that into the PpruNe Forum statistics
"Only thread ever on which all posters agreed - 'Sepp Blatter needs a good kicking'";)

treadigraph
10th Jun 2014, 14:21
If I might speak out for his Blattership,I think this is the first time I have ever seen a PPRuNe thread with no contrary opinion

I beg to differ... :p

Fox3WheresMyBanana
10th Jun 2014, 14:32
ONE!

There's always one.........!

http://www.addletters.com/pictures/bart-simpson-generator/bart-simpson-generator.php?line=I+will+not+take+contrary+opinions+just+to +annoy+everyone

IB4138
10th Jun 2014, 15:12
Perhaps he won't stand for another term as President...please.....although that Frenchman wants to be president.

GGR155
10th Jun 2014, 15:22
When I hear the words Sepp Blatter I cant stop imagining a nasty bowel complaint brought on by eating too many mis-spelt mushrooms.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
10th Jun 2014, 15:28
that Frenchman, Would that be that Frenchman whose son got a job, as CEO, of a major Qatari Sports company immediately after that Frenchman voted for Qatar?

superq7
10th Jun 2014, 15:42
This whole episode stinks of corruption and I'm sure that when of the major sponsor's pulls out the rest will follow, here's hoping anyway.

IB4138
10th Jun 2014, 16:19
Sepp Blatter....not to be confused with Sip Bitter. :hmm:

ExXB
10th Jun 2014, 16:40
I'm embarrassed that he's Swiss.

I think FIFA should be disbanded. If we really need a 'World body' create a new one based on national football associations. One country, one vote. Each national vote to be determined by public (i.e. not secret) majority voting within each association.

And none of this England, Scotland, Wales, NI, crap. One country = UK. (If Scotland leaves, that's OK but until they do ... )

4mastacker
10th Jun 2014, 17:59
If I might speak out for his Blattership,I think this is the first time I have ever seen a PPRuNe thread with no contrary opinion.

I guess the thread has yet to be read by Kim Jong Fatwun's friend from New Zealand.

500N
10th Jun 2014, 18:25
Yes, of course, he would automatically support Sepp !

Espada III
10th Jun 2014, 21:05
The FIFA headquarters in Lausanne are located in a prime lakeside position within a nature reserve or similar. Funny how they managed to build it there.........

Backhanders or what.

Oh and 20 years ago FIFA had ten staff, it now has hundreds if not thousands. Why? All it does is sell rights to the world cup. Never makes any real footballing decisions.

Tankertrashnav
10th Jun 2014, 22:17
There used to be a saying that patriotism was the last refuge of the scoundrel

These days patriotism has been replaced by playing the race card. Just shows how desperate Blatter is that he's had to resort to it to try and cover up the rottenness in his own organisation.

Neptunus Rex
10th Jun 2014, 22:56
How come a Swiss buisinessman, with no background in football became FIFA's boss?

Surely the head of FIFA should be from a country which has actually striven for, or won the World Cup, who has a proven dedication to the game, as well as a track record of unimpeachable business success. Sir Alex Ferguson perhaps, or someone of his ilk.

Gnome Blatter, along with a number of his cohorts, should be arraigned.

ExXB
11th Jun 2014, 09:38
The FIFA headquarters in Lausanne are located in a prime lakeside position within a nature reserve or similar. Funny how they managed to build it there.

Er, they didn't. It's in Zurich not too far from the Zoo.

UEFA, on the other hand has a prime lakeside position, without a nature reserve or similar, in Nyon (halfway between Geneva and Lausanne)

Cacophonix
11th Jun 2014, 09:42
I preferred this Sepp Blatter...

http://cdn.24.co.za/files/Cms/General/d/791/a7af19a1d6174fc4b04d6b5adb1bc034.jpg

Sepp, the dog, flying kulula | Sport24 (http://www.sport24.co.za/Soccer/WorldCup/NationalNews/Sepp-the-dog-flying-kulula-20100621)

Caco

Cyber Bob
11th Jun 2014, 09:56
"How come a Swiss buisinessman, with no background in football became FIFA's boss?"

Simple answer: Everyone associated with Blatter (Cronies et al), benefit

Same rule of thumb applies to Bernie Ecclestone and the Olympic committee. Where there's freebie's, junkets and gifts - corruption and 'Sweetners' will exist

Oh and many want a piece of the action - Platini for one

Capetonian
14th Jul 2014, 23:31
Just heard the septic bladder on the news saying that he 'feels the pain' for Luis Suarez, the thug who bit someone during a 'game' of the toxic business that he heads up. What sort of a message does that send, although at this point it scarcely makes a ripple in the ocean of corruption that he presides over?

lasernigel
14th Jul 2014, 23:42
Should be hung drawn and quartered his body pieces hung outside the Quatari justice ministry.

chuks
15th Jul 2014, 06:49
As Blatter took his place in the stadium in Rio for the prize-giving, he was resoundingly booed. That might send a message.

Or ... yes, he could consult an expert, one of our own, to find out how that fat little Field Marshall (sic) runs things during his own stadium appearances, when never a boo, not even a muffled sneeze, can be heard over the cheers of throngs.

What about the idea of Blatter and Ecclestone tied back-to-back, to be dropped into a shark tank before cheering throngs? Okay, animal rights and all that, but I still think it's worth considering! I would buy a bootleg ticket from FIFA for that.

Capetonian
15th Jul 2014, 09:18
What about the idea of Blatter and Ecclestone tied back-to-back, to be dropped into a shark tank before cheering throngs?Ecclestone is a paragon of virtue and rectitude compared to the bladder.

It is quite appropriate that a 'game' which involves kicking a pig's bladder around should be presided over by one!

GrumpyOldFart
15th Jul 2014, 13:42
What about the idea of Blatter and Ecclestone tied back-to-back, to be
dropped into a shark tank before cheering throngs?

The sharks would leave them alone. Professional etiquette.

Deepest Norfolk
15th Jul 2014, 14:32
I tried to download the FIFA App into my tablet but my anti virus software told me it was corrupted.

500N
15th Jul 2014, 14:38
Grumpy

That was my exact thought as well !

:ok: