View Full Version : PHL Ramp

wiggy
9th Jun 2014, 02:03
Sounded to a couple of us like the ramp controller at PHL a day or two back was being given a something of a hard time by some of our colleagues - we know the ramp must be a bit of a no win but frankly we were surprised by the quality of some of the feedback being offered to the ramp controller over the airwaves :uhoh: and it seemed worse than normal (I like the city and I'm a bit of a regular if you must ask).

Were the frayed tempers down to it being summer/a weekend/poor local sports results or are we imagining it? We did try to bring our "A" game, certainly in terms of a thick skin, but the banter seemed just a bit close to the edge on occasions, don't you know :ooh:.....

Just askin'

cvg2iln
14th Jun 2014, 20:32
PHL for many years has twinned with BOS on my no bid list. Forget the banter, ATC has no sense of humor and the system always seems to be at breaking point (in their defence, perhaps it is). The A or B games are very necessary and required strategies played in order to safely arrive but once on the ground all bets are off. There are however far more challenging places. Ever experienced Bogotá? If so, the trials and tribulations of PHL/BOS are pure joy.