PDA

View Full Version : MAF Current Pilot

TomcatAV8R
6th Jun 2014, 21:36
Hello
I've had a search on the forum but the info on working for MAF in Australia is quite dated. Does anybody here currently work for them? I'm looking for info on pay, condition etc on singles.

A PM would be great.

Dodgy Boy
8th Jun 2014, 20:08
Best bet would be to check out their UK website. I believe you have to be 'self sponsored' when it comes to pay.

Wunwing
9th Jun 2014, 00:31
Try MAF Australia (http://www.maf.org.au/)

CD, I wasn't aware that pprune is then place for religious arguments.

Wunwing

Captain Dart
9th Jun 2014, 00:35
Copied from the web site:

To help answer this question, consider that first and foremost, MAF is looking for...

People called by God, qualified and dedicated with a passion to serve God in worldwide ministry...
People who will go the distance to share God's love - no matter what the barriers may be...
People who want to serve God through their skills and talents to help overcome barriers to the Gospel...
People with servant's attitudes that are flexible enough to adapt, while still able to work within the highest technical standards...
People who want to serve God through their skills and talents help deliver relief and development in Jesus name…

abnfamous
9th Jun 2014, 00:54
MAF pilots in Australia are paid the award. They also have housing provided. Nearly all of the pilots are full time and sign up for a 4 year contract and have raised sponsorship from their respective churches - which then goes into the MAF cookie jar. They sometimes have pilots on short term contracts being paid the award but not required to have raised sponsorship.

MAF has bases in Ramingining, Milingimbi, Elcho Island, Lake Evella and maybe Numbulwar, they also supply all the pilots for Laynhapuy Aviation at Gove. Flying hours for the guys in gove probably around 65-80 hours every month, a little less at the other airports as those guys run the offices there as well.

I don't nor have I ever worked there but from what I hear it is quite an expensive process to jump through all the hoops to get in, so if all you're after is a first job in the industry you're making it harder on yourself.
MAF in Arnhem Land are mainly a charter company rather than doing mission flights - Katherine Aviation, Air Frontier and Marthakal Yolngu Airline all have bases at those airports, fly the same passengers and make money from it.

TomcatAV8R
10th Jun 2014, 10:11
Thank-you for your responses, much appreciated. I read on the old threads the pilots were paid below the award so I thought I'd ask the question. It does seem like a little more God fearing than I'd normally prefer.