PDA

View Full Version : Lucky Air 737 FO with upgarde opportunity?

uswc45
6th Jun 2014, 16:05
Does anyone have any experience with Unic Aviation and Lucky Air? I am particularly interested in hearing if any expat FO has actually upgraded at Lucky Air. The job advertisement states that "Pilots who are qualified may upgrade to Captain". What are the initial command requirements on the 737 for the CAAC?

de facto
6th Jun 2014, 16:16
Good luck...even within the local upgrade classes,a mere 10% make it...just because....bit like a fat cat playing with small mice..

WYOMINGPILOT
7th Jun 2014, 11:40
This contract
is way to new for anybody to even be flying the line as an FO let alone an upgrade. Check back in about 3 years and see if they actually will upgrade anybody. Upgrades in China are highly unlikely. Yangtze River has some FOs there trying to upgrade but last I heard nobody has made it and some of these pilots are 4 plus years there. If you want an upgrade look elsewhere as the CAAC isn't too interested in allowing foreign pilots to come to China and upgrade. The difficult medicals, smoking in the cockpit and old school Captains will eventually wear you out.

uswc45
9th Jun 2014, 21:49
Thanks for the replies. I'll stick it out where I am.