PDA

View Full Version : Jobs for low hour pilot with instructor rating

Emmett111
6th Jun 2014, 09:31
hey, so i have just finished my C category flight instructors rating and also have a current MEIR and roughly 300 hours. im living in NZ but have no ties here so am willing to move around.

can anyone point me in the right directions as to where i should be looking for jobs, i have handed my CV in to quite a few places but they all say i need more experience.

HappyBandit
6th Jun 2014, 21:36
Hey Emmett its tough market at the moment even for experienced ppl. My suggestion is stop emailing and drop into skydiving places, or charter operator mobs. As with everything particularly starting out build your contacts. Best way to do that is show up at their doors.

Aerozepplin
7th Jun 2014, 02:23
Some of the smaller clubs have needed people lately, although c cats out of direct are far more valuable. Both Kapiti and Queenstown have advertised in the last year, although I don't know if Kerry at Qtown would rather local experience or not. Also not sure how much interest they got. Probably lots.

I flew at my club privately for a while before being hired, so always an option. Get to know the club, the staff, the boss, and possibly pick up some casual work first if you're lucky. Its hard to make a living out of it when you're not at a big school, but you can learn a lot talking to crusty old members, crusty old ag pilots who drop in, crusty old airline pilots etc, generally people who tend to avoid the sausage factories.

A37575
7th Jun 2014, 12:19
hey, so i have just finished my C category flight instructors rating and also have a current MEIR and roughly 300 hours. im living in NZ but have no ties here so am willing to move around.

With all due respect depending on your age but may I suggest it would pay to practice your grammar particularly when sending out a CV or when writing out progress reports on students. An I for an i for example and leave out the "hey :ok:

nitpicker330
7th Jun 2014, 12:51
Hey, cut him some slack. English isn't his first language you know:E

Ey bro :}

riseagainst
8th Jun 2014, 08:13
Emmet, sent you a pm.