PDA

View Full Version : The Loss and discovery of Avro Anson L7056

orionsbelt
6th Jun 2014, 08:15
Mods Please allow this Item to support this Project.

This morning I received this E Mail from Robert Stitt who is the Author of
'Boeing B-17 Fortress in RAF Coastal Command Service'

Hi T.. and E...

Hope you can help spread the word...

We are a documentary team chronicling the loss and recent discovery near Port Renfrew, British Columbia, of a wartime Anson training aircraft. The investigation recovered the remains of one Canadian and three British airmen – they are to be laid to rest together in Victoria later this year, seven decades after their aircraft disappeared.

We would like to invite you to view a two-minute trailer introducing the project:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1917898040/the-loss-and-discovery-of-avro-anson-l7056

The Kickstarter site allows individuals and organizations to pledge support towards this project over a 40-day period. Pledges are only accepted if the project budget amount is reached. Kickstarter operates in North America, England, Australia and New Zealand.

We ask that you kindly share this introduction within your organization, among your friends and through your social networks (Facebook. LinkedIn, Twitter etc.). And if you would like to make a supporting pledge too, we would be delighted.

The pledging period runs to July 14, 2014. We sincerely appreciate your help and hope we can all bring this project to fruition.

Nick Versteeg, producer/director, DV Media/DV Cuisine

Robert Stitt, aviation historian and author

Allan Scott, researcher,
Tom Burdge, Veterans liaison

Best regards: Robert

My first flight was in an Anson at RAF Leconfield in 1959!!!!

Thanks ***

Donations done allready

LowNSlow
6th Jun 2014, 11:30
$50 from me. Looking forward to the DVD.

orionsbelt
6th Jun 2014, 11:50
Well done mate, thats just what i would expect from and Auster Pilot.
(My first solo G-AGXP 14/8/66)

Genstabler
6th Jun 2014, 16:23
Why are they being interned?

Herod
6th Jun 2014, 16:35
Unfortunate spelling mistake, and not funny in this context.