PDA

View Full Version : Video ads

Bushfiva
6th Jun 2014, 03:23
Temorarily using a browser/computer where ad blocking isn't possible, and I notice there are now autostarting video ads being run by Adchoices (or maybe they've always been there). It does make one wonder if anyone actually thinks "great, here's an unexpected video which I'll watch all the way through".

SpringHeeledJack
6th Jun 2014, 06:13
I suppose that it's the same with cold calls or spam mails etc, WHO on earth responds to them ? Yet people must, because otherwise 'they' would desist before too long. As everyone's line speed increases in general terms, the more likely advertisers will try to flog their client's wares through videos embedded in a page etc. The most annoying for me are the seemingly constant ad breaks on paid for cable/satellite TV channels :mad:

SHJ

P.Pilcher
7th Jun 2014, 20:24
Ha! I had a YouGov questionnaire to complete yesterday: It was obviously generated by ITV who are concerned that their new "super dooper" breakfast show is going the same way as all their others despite having poached Susannah Reid from the beeb. The video questionnaire was very complex and thorough as they were clearly looking at every aspect of their programme. What they always fail to realise is that in the U.K. we are all forced to pay a substantial sum to receive adfree broadcasting from the BBC. As the shows are so similar in content and presentation who would not opt for the ad free version??

P.P.