PDA

View Full Version : Which Logbook for Professional Pilot Training and Career

ClearedTakeOff
5th Jun 2014, 18:30
I'm looking at changing my current logbook (AFE professional pilot) as it's an awkward shape to fit into bags/covers, it's pretty knackered and it's not EASA approved (only JAR). The one I'm looking at is the Jeppesen professional pilot EU-FCL logbook. Does anybody rate this logbook? Or would you look elsewhere ?

LastMinuteChanges
5th Jun 2014, 20:39
Great logbook, recommended to me by lots of my UK and European colleagues.

earthwalker
5th Jun 2014, 20:56
It's a 21-st century - use electronic log book. As an airline pilot I use MCC pilot log, other colleagues prefer Log ten pro, both are great and offer the same opportunities.

ClearedTakeOff
5th Jun 2014, 21:04
Does the CAA not require a hard copy? What do you do when you need signing off or your logbook stamping?

LastMinuteChanges
5th Jun 2014, 21:31
You could even use Excel if you don't want to pay £80 for LogTen.

Is MCC worth the money?

earthwalker
5th Jun 2014, 21:38
you can always print out your log book in any format you desire. CAA accepts print outs. If you want to make it look nice, then you can order a fully printed log book from www.mccPILOTLOG.net - mccPILOTLOG Logbook Software (http://www.mccpilotlog.net/printing.html)

More information on logging endorsements and signatures is here:

www.mccPILOTLOG.net - mccPILOTLOG Logbook Software (http://www.mccpilotlog.net/faq.html)

earthwalker
5th Jun 2014, 21:44
I am really happy with MCC, I paid 69 euros for a life time usage, and automatic back up to cloud servers, which basically removes the fear of your precious flight experience being accidently lost. You can have the program for free, but then there is no synchronization between your tablet/smartphone and your PC/Mac, and no back up to the cloud servers.

Genghis the Engineer
5th Jun 2014, 22:10
I use Excel, it's great - there are numerous templates around the web, or (like I did) you can create your own.

I also maintain a standard professional paper logbook, as it does keep signatures together but it goes nowhere. When CAA or any other authority need my logbook, they get a printout signed "I certify that this is a true copy of the original" - so far - everybody's been entirely happy with that.