PDA

View Full Version : World Cup 2014

Mustard Seed
5th Jun 2014, 07:40
Hello, anyone flying to Brazil for the world cup? Is there any problem getting landing permits and parking for your aircrafts in the cities hosting the matches? Where would you reposition your plane to, and how are the logistics in those cities?

My last experience in South Africa was a nightmare, in my view, and they were just unable to cope. I fear it will be a repeat in Brazil.:ugh:

Any advise or pitfall I should look out for? I am concerned with getting the catering from those cities we reposition to and I am not sure if the caterers in the host cities are up to speed. Any advice? Thank you:)

dc9-32
5th Jun 2014, 09:54
Last I heard was that slots are required and parking an Manaus limited to 3hrs maximum. Unsure as to other airport parking restrictions but either way, landing permit is required regardless of where you land.

KPHOU
8th Jun 2014, 14:57
If you haven't already made arrangements, your options are very limited. Parking at this point is unavailable. Here you can find info on parking, permits, drop-and-gos, etc: Universal®: Brazil 2014 Trip Planning Resource Center (http://www.universalweather.com/brazil2014/).