PDA

View Full Version : Hindsight; which US flight school would you have chosen

Maxibrute
20th Nov 2001, 12:22
Hindsight is always 20/20. Would another flight school have better prepared you for a career in aviation. Which school would this be (United States)?

Thanks everyone.

WX Man
20th Nov 2001, 23:28
If you're talking right from the start, then I was perfectly happy with the people I did my PPL with.

If you're talking CPL, ignore me because I haven't been there yet!

3db
22nd Nov 2001, 04:16
I would avoid the fist school I attended (not hard - gone bust) and stick with the second school, which so - far have delivered me my PPL, IR, Multi and I hope, Comm in Feb next year.

emu
22nd Nov 2001, 04:24
I did some time at OFT - Good but not great/smashing/super - more the a/c (PA28) than the school. However I hear from both this website and more importantly personal contacts that NAPLES is the place to go. If I was to do it (FLORIDA HR BUILD etc.) again I would go there! :) null (http://null) :)

whydontugetalife
24th Nov 2001, 00:30
have been to I... and A......... (no I am not going to say their names as some moron will start a slagging match), both had great people that i had a good time with. you will find that all schools in Florida are good and that everyone of them has pros and cons, its like buying a new car, you alsways wish you got the next model up or the bmw!

Sensible
24th Nov 2001, 01:35
Well, I did O** because I felt that the owner was the tops. I did B******* because I felt that they were more consumer friendly and I think N***** because I think that they are more organised and Ive been to others cos I wanted a change of scenery!!!

You pays your money and you takes your choice.

Would I stay in the UK? Would I H***