PDA

View Full Version : The SACAA march and looming strike (toi-toi's expected)

Maspunki
4th Jun 2014, 04:54
Hi Folks

I am quite disturbed at the planned March by SATAWU to the SACAA which is taking place on 12 June, next week Thursday. There is serious threat by SATAWU at SACAA to remove the DCA, Ms Poppy Khoza and her HR Executive manager form their positions. They say they are highly incompetent and do not know how to run the SACAA. There are serious cases of abuse reported by staff members, some employees have been hospitalized due to heart related problems which are work stress induced. The aim of the March is to deliver a memorandum to the DCA for her removal.

I'm concerned that the looming strike is threatening to destabilize aviation in the country. Apparently the SACAA employees are gatvol of bad leadership and inexperienced management. :=

Whenwe
5th Jun 2014, 07:14
Maspunki, Welcome to PPrune.

I assume you are close to CAA hence your comment.

This thread can only end up as a political discussion. So mods can it, if you want.

You asked for it, wanted it, got it and now live with it.

You got rid of the experience.:ugh:

WhinerLiner
5th Jun 2014, 08:20
Ja, the CAA is in pretty bad shape.

Ghost_Rider737
5th Jun 2014, 10:12
how would they march to the CAA building if there is a security boom at the entrance to the complex ? I don't think they want to march on the main road ? instead of marching SATAWU members who are employed by CAA should just stay at home ....if they are unhappy

Goffel
5th Jun 2014, 16:22
If anything, Poppy Khoza and her team have done a damm good job.....they are trying to get rid of dead wood and corruption from what i gather.

She has an open door policy, which is more than i can say about previous, white or African commissioners.

This so called strike is led by an incompetent disgruntled little girl, who could not hack it as a pilot after many many tries, of which lots of money was spent on her and when Miz Khoza took over the reigns, stopped the waste of money on the likes of the incompetent people, these people decided to stir up the masses with promises which not in a million years can be delivered.

Bonus's and salary increases are now given on a "if u deserve" basis, which the incompetent clan dont like....why, because most of them never come to work, have their own sideline business and some actually work at their own business durring working time and now, they have to prove they are worth a bonus or pay increase.....which they cannot prove nor are competent to get.

So what do these incompetent people do....they stir the "workers", the people who pull their weight doing the job they are paid to do.

So, dont believe everything u hear as the majority of us are not interested in striking, because why.....we believe that should we get a bonus or a pay increase, it is because we have worked for it

A bonus is not a right....it is a privilage
An increase should be based on performance.......why must the lazy incompetent person get the same as i do for working my butt off.......nope.

Poppy Khoza has my vote.

OverRun
5th Jun 2014, 17:09
I don’t usually correct posters on their English, because it would be discourteous of me to do so when many are not native English speakers and are doing very well in posting on PPRUNE.

But really - a trained lawyer should know that March is quite different to march. It is not a “planned March by SATAWU” but a “planned march by SATAWU”. In English, a “planned March” would take place next year in the month of March. SATAWU, as I understand it, are planning to perambulate in June. On their march.

Whenwe
5th Jun 2014, 19:24
Goffel you have my vote.

cavortingcheetah
5th Jun 2014, 22:05
As one who really does spend much time in a perambulator with a Tommy gun, one must reflect that this last March did not turn out as planned. March next year will thus be planned with greater care and the march planned for March next year will be much more efficiently run than the March march this year. In either event, neither march either did nor will take place in March in the Welsh Marches.
Goffel, not known for being as mad as a March Hare, gets another vote.

lilflyboy262...2
6th Jun 2014, 01:43
CC, Did you work on any Dr Suess books?

cavortingcheetah
6th Jun 2014, 08:46
Predictions are for a long period of self flagellation. One can have breakfast with Dr Seuss in order to raise money for the March of the Dimes. Why one would want to do that might best be left to the imagination this time around.

Maspunki
10th Jun 2014, 02:45
Goffel you sound like you're an employee at SACAA.*
My internal sources tell me that the disgruntled girl you're talking about is actually very smart and is a no nonsense taker and apparently she flies very well (was told by my instructor and his friend also confirmed it). I am also told that many employees (including many managers) are happy that the union is shaking up management for their incompetence. I am told that the DCA is not clued up on her job and this is affecting the integrity of the SACAA. Mind you, this is the least of the negative stories I have heard about the new SACAA management. So who on earth should I believe????????*

I hear, the DCA is planning on getting rid of the CAA CPT office.
Can you verify that?

Folks, with all the internal bad news I've heard about the SACAA of late, I am soooooo tired of its instability and questionable leadership over the years, it's sickening.*

ducksoup79
11th Jun 2014, 10:14
I heard this I heard that, it is all rumours, Goffel makes sense. There is allot of support for the DCA and unfortunately every leader get's critique from all angles, you cant keep everybody happy, but anybody who get's rid of corruption and slackers and try to make a system work has got my vote.

Goffel
16th Jun 2014, 11:01
Maspunki....what happened about the massive strike.....did it go ahead.....did they disrupt aviation.....did they get what they wanted....be interesting to hear from you.

So you heard a rumour that CT is closing....hmmmmm.....i also heard a rumour that Midrand is closing and everyone is getting transferred down to CT......funny how rumours are.....ask my instructor....oh, and his friend...they will both comfirm the rumour.

Maspunki....from ur input, u are probably one of the disgruntled employees who does nothing and whose job is on the line, so now u want to start all these rumours.....quite frankly....who cares.

The majority of us are very much in favour of Poppy.....and Paul.

By the way...when was this strike.