PDA

View Full Version : Loch Awe

Fox Four
3rd Jun 2014, 22:12
Many thanks to the Typhoon driver who flew over Loch Ederline on the way up Loch Awe today, fantastic!! If anyone else fancies flying over Ederline this week I'll be waving from the eastern shore! On holidays!

Speed Twelve
3rd Jun 2014, 23:14
Sounds like you're about 500m from my ex-girlfriend's house! It's on the opposite side of the loch to you, just south of Ford village. Have fun. Don't forget to experience the wild nightlife in Lochgilphead. :)

Wander00
4th Jun 2014, 07:28
You gave up a girl that lived there! One of best holidays ever 32 years ago in small flat in Taynuilt not far away with then gf and collection of wet collies - rained 13 days out of 14! And first time I ever saw an eagle in the wild. Great part of the world

rotormonkey
4th Jun 2014, 08:41
I spent a rather pleasant day on Loch Awe yesterday with a fly rod.

I used to see a lot of Jaguar and Buccaneer flying north-south down the loch, during the long summer days of school holidays. The mighty Vulcan also used to blast it's way past our house in the early 80s. Even though I was very young at the time, I think my fascination with all the low flying fast jets is where my desire to fly came from. :)

Right then, I think it's time to go fishing again!

Fox Four
4th Jun 2014, 17:13
King Air B200 over Loch Ederline today. Thanks chaps!

99 Change Hands
4th Jun 2014, 18:28
Ah Loch Awe, winter of 81/82, up waaaaay before dawn at Finningley, studes allowed to make the weather decision on launching the low-level Dominies, a loooong flog north sitting next to an aged pilot reading a Commando comic, but then, look out of the window:

http://i965.photobucket.com/albums/ae135/wislonuk/Finningley/LochAwe_zps70e4b45b.jpg[/IMG]