PDA

View Full Version : bmi Freezes CEP scheme

BigAir
17th Sep 2001, 22:55
Following on from what other people have said about BA freezing the CEP scheme, I received a letter this morning saying that the bmi CEP course I was due to go on in November has been indefinitely postponed.

With the two major sponsorship providers holding back, I unfortunately can't see any sponsorships going until the world knows what is happening in response to last weeks tragedies. This is a worrying time for the aviation industry, and my advice to anyone is to make sure that you are in a good position, as the next few years are going to be very tough indeed, and not the best of times for someone with a 'fresh' Frozen ATPL - Be very careful!!! :(

PFO
19th Sep 2001, 02:47
Big air,

I am so sorry to hear your bad news. To be rejected at aptitude or interview level is bad enough - to be almost at the 11th hour must be soul destroying.

Did the letter say whether you will go on to the next intake???

PFO

BigAir
20th Sep 2001, 00:29
We will find out next week the exact details, but as the letter reads forunately we will be going on a course - we just have to hope that it isn't like the gulf war where it took about 4 years for things to settle down.

My biggest concern is that OATS will still be around, after all between bmi and BA they had 30 cadets due there for November, which at about £50k each is £1.5million they won't be getting for a while, not to mention all the other courses they are losing.

Thanks for the concern anyway, the one lucky thing was that I had aranged a meeting with my boss today when I was going to resign, so at least I got the news in time before I burn't my bridges. Some poor people have not been quite so lucky. Still at least at some point in my life I know that I will be training to become a commercial pilot, I just don't know how long the wait will be!

cheers

BigAir