TOWTEAMBASE
1st Jun 2014, 16:57
Which airline is carrier of choice now a days

ifonly
1st Jun 2014, 17:32
Aeronexus - Boeing 767 ZS-DJI.

TOWTEAMBASE
1st Jun 2014, 17:52
Thanks ifonly. What ever happened to BA and Virgin. I love the great British loyalty :)

SpringHeeledJack
1st Jun 2014, 19:27
Probably thought if it was good enough for the Rolling Stones, it was good enough for them. A big shame that either BA or VS didn't do the trip as a sponsor, even if they are both private companies and the bottom line counts.

SHJ

Straighten Up
1st Jun 2014, 23:15
A big shame that either BA or VS didn't do the trip as a sponsor, even if they are both private companies and the bottom line counts.

SHJ

This was discussed a while ago on here and I think the consensus was that (certainly with BA) they would be unlikely to be able to spare an aircraft for 6weeks (possibly) over summer. Not sure what the spare capacity is for these companies?

TOWTEAMBASE
2nd Jun 2014, 08:00
6 weeks!!! I admire your confidence :-D

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
2nd Jun 2014, 09:07
It'll be a return trip - they'll probably leave the engines running!

mmitch
2nd Jun 2014, 09:39
This aircraft was at Manston when it closed. It flew out of the 'closed' airfield
on Saturday to Luton.
mmitch.

SpringHeeledJack
2nd Jun 2014, 12:20
This aircraft was at Manston when it closed. It flew out of the 'closed' airfield
on Saturday to Luton.

What are the legalities of doing so, bearing in mind we're awash with laws in this day and age, although the insurers must have been satisfied to let it happen. Also, why would a serviceable aircraft stay at an airport that was about to be closed :confused:

SHJ

TOWTEAMBASE
2nd Jun 2014, 16:24
Maybe it's an omen......the ac that is flying the England World Cup squad sat in an airport that was closed down.....i thought our odds were bad........but now we are dooooooooomed :-D

pax britanica
2nd Jun 2014, 17:16
So nothing but the best for our lads then- a 30 year old obsolete 76 owned by an airline who only has one plane?

I wonder what criteria the FA use , wouldn't they have been better using a regular BA , 773 or 744 flight split into say two groups and leasing a nice new A320 or 73 when they were down there.

I am not sure I would want to go 10 and a bit hours on something so far past is best

KelvinD
2nd Jun 2014, 17:59
They've got previous here.
The same aircraft was used to bring them back from a game with Brazil one year ago:
Untitled (Aeronexus) ZS-DJI B767-216/ER @ Manchester Airport - YouTube

sunshine79
2nd Jun 2014, 21:11
The FA wanted BA to supply the a/c free of charge and said that all the publicity would more than pay for the free services. BA told them to pay up or get lost so the FA decided to find their own a/c to use. I wonder why they didn't go to VS. Did they give them the same response as BA?

ImPlaneCrazy
2nd Jun 2014, 22:29
Althought it is an ex Silverjet aircraft so I'm sure it's not too shabby on the inside...

chevvron
2nd Jun 2014, 22:42
It was probably chartered via a broker anyway and the broker would have got them an aircraft available for '6 weeks'(? Yeah sure) that would show most profit for the broker.
Bet Branson would have been only too happy to 'upstage' BA if he'd been asked, but the FA are amateurs at this sort of thing. Premier League teams seem to have no problems; I've seen them use SAAB 2000s, Embraer 145/165 or CRJs when operating from/to Farnborough. (Fulham and Chelsea away, and other PL teams playing at the Cottage or the Bridge.)

Captivep
3rd Jun 2014, 09:04
Presumably, being ex-silverjet, this aircraft is configured as all business seats...god forbid that footballers should sit in ordinary seats!

And why should BA, or VS, make anything other than a business based decision? The cost of tying up one aircraft for a month would be huge!

mmitch
3rd Jun 2014, 09:31
The 767 was out in Australia on the Rolling Stones Tour. It flew back when the tour was cancelled and was at Manston I assume being serviced. I understand it is fitted out with 60 couchettes.
mmitch.

chevvron
3rd Jun 2014, 13:08
I remember Frank Lampard complaining about 'ordinary' seating when Chelsea were flying out to a Champion's League match, but then he's always eating too many pies so I'm not surprised he couldn't fit into a 34 inch pitch.

TOWTEAMBASE
4th Jun 2014, 17:38
Surprised fat frank didnt borrow his old mate Roman's 767 as a parting gift :) rumour has it the rich barsteward has an A380 on order

chevvron
4th Jun 2014, 23:14
True; Abramovitch will be off on one of his yachts somewhere so he won't need the 767.

Twitcher
5th Jun 2014, 07:54
A look inside from last Friday..
http://s27.postimg.org/v28cl6ck3/DSCF3078.jpg (http://postimage.org/)
hebergeur d images (http://postimage.org/index.php?lang=french).