PDA

View Full Version : ANd you think you have been on a bad flight.

mad_jock
31st May 2014, 09:07
Dog Poop On Plane Prompts Emergency Landing For US Airways Flight (http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/05/30/dog-poop-us-airways-flight_n_5419817.html)

O dear, I do feel for the crew.

But it did make me smile.

INeedTheFull90
31st May 2014, 09:24
I must remember to divert the next time a parent repeatedly changes their child's diaper in main cabin and leaves said used diaper in the seat pocket. A bit of an over reaction me thinks but we love the drama.

Not to mention the smell of baby poop either - that is more offensive than dog poop. And I simply do not buy the idea that they ran out of paper towels. There are several WCs on the A321 all with the current supply, plus some more stuffed behind the unit, plus there would have been a lot more spares in the toiletries and dry stores. Furthermore of the stools were of the less firm nature, there are granuals which soak up moisture allowing things to be picked up such as vomit.

I was crew many years ago, I've seen pax sick all over and the smell of that did not make anyone sick (all up forward galley canisters, front of aisle, front toilet and filling the sink too), I had a colostomy bag rupture, again nobody sick, and the nappy change mid cabin made nobody else sick at the time.

In all a lot of drama for a small incident. People got their five minutes of Twitter fame but it took twice as long to get to their destination. Result? Debatable. At least the owner offer to compensate passengers by way of a token gesture. Cue the compensation chasers.

Also if the term "emergency land" was used by the flight crew then that's a pretty serious error of judgement. Do they make emergency landings on the Winter westbounds on A319s when they don't have enough fuel to make it to their destination? Or do they used more appropriate language such as 'en-route diversion', 'technical stop' or 'refuelling stop'.

mad_jock
31st May 2014, 10:14
We weren't there so will have to give them the benefit of doubt in relation to if its was warranted due to the smell.

Suspect they had a maint base sitting on the nose. Also it might be a company call from the ground so as such an instruction to the flight deck.

As for the emergency rubbish, its the media everything is an emergency.