PDA

View Full Version : Abuse of women.

G-CPTN
30th May 2014, 18:25
There is the kidnap of 250 Nigerian girls.

The 'honour' killing by stoning of the woman in Pakistan who married a man not approved by her family.

The rape and murder by hanging of two young girls in India.

And the 100 lashes and death sentence faced by the Christian woman in Sudan for being an apostate from the Islamic faith - despite her being born to a Christian mother and having been abandoned by her Muslim father from childhood (age 6).
One of her relatives had claimed that Meriam was committing ‘adultery’ for marrying outside of Islam, and reported her to authorities.
She told a court in Khartoum that she had been brought up as a Christian and refused to renounce her faith.
She and Wani married in 2011, but the court ruled that the union was invalid and that Ibrahim was guilty of adultery.
The court sentenced Meriam to 100 lashes for adultery (with her husband as he is not a Muslim) and the death sentence for apostasy (ie for abandoning Islam).
Sudan follows Sharia (Islamic) law in its Criminal Code, and apostasy is punishable by death.
Meriam has just given birth (in Jail - while shackled) to their second child.

From (and more at):- Husband of Sudanese death row woman appeals for support | World news | theguardian.com (http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/may/30/husband-sudan-death-row-meriam-ibrahim)

More here:- MPs demand UN action to help Sudan death-row mother Meriam Ibrahim | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2643895/Stop-act-barbarity-MPs-demand-UN-intervenes-help-Sudan-death-row-mother-baby-executed-marrying-Christian.html)

https://www.amnesty.org.uk/actions/sudan-execution-apostasy-pregnant-woman-mother-meriam-yahya-ibrahim-christian

Sudanese Meriam Ibrahim, facing execution for marrying Christian, gives birth in jail | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2640367/Sudanese-doctor-facing-execution-marrying-U-S-Christian-gives-birth-baby-girl-squalid-jail.html)

Meriam studied and qualified in Sudan as a doctor - not that that is relevant compared to the charges levelled against her.

TomJoad
30th May 2014, 18:57
The treatment of women and girls that you have highlighted here G-CPTN is nothing short of barbaric. The perpetrators and supporters attempt to justify it through reference to religious our cultural traditions. Our governments and any right thinking mind should condemn this inhumane attitude towards women and girls without qualification. Our government could make a start by withdrawing aid and other cooperative agreements, inward investment and bring pressure to bear through trade restrictions and the UN. In as much as the eradication of smallpox required world wide cooperation so to does the debasement of women and girls to less than property. Education of young girls is one of the most powerful liberators from this condition and is why the likes of the Taliban and BH fear eduction so much. But we in the west and throughout the world need to do more in actively condemning this attitude. We could start by refusing to countenance the use of the word "honour" in relation to these incidents where clearly murder is more accurate. I find we have become desensitised to much but the story of the pregnant lady who was stoned with her father's blessing in Pakistan shook me. How could a father do such to his daughter - the title of father should be a privilege and never should he who holds it be capable of such . In the report from Africa on "child brides" one woman who escaped reported that "when we are young girls our fathers love us, but when we become women their love turns to hate." I find it beyond comprehension.

With respect to Meriam Ibrahim, if ever there was a moment for the likes of Iran or Saudi Arabia to show leadership then it is now.

500N
30th May 2014, 19:01
"The treatment of women and girls that you have highlighted here G-CPTN is nothing short of barbaric."

Agree.

All 3 were in the local media this week.

India (and Pakistan) needs to get it sorted out if they are to enter the 1st world. And it is often the Authorities that need to be sorted out as they allow it to happen !

Fox3WheresMyBanana
30th May 2014, 19:18
Sharia Law is in clear breach of the principles of the United Nations, especially with respect to women.

500N
30th May 2014, 19:21
Now the UN won't do anything because they only seem to go after countries like UK, USA, Aus
where we tend to feel guilty or they try to make us feel guilty and change.

The have little influence over these other countries !

EDIT
And as per Capetonians post below, spot on, unless you are a similar colour to them !

Capetonian
30th May 2014, 19:32
.... and any criticism of, or rebuke towards, these vile barbarians and their stone age practices is deemed 'racist', and nobody wants to be labelled with that!

TomJoad
30th May 2014, 19:43
Seams to me that is the great problem of our age - the inability to speak simple truths and to act with confidence and certainty with the strength of our conscience.

500N
30th May 2014, 19:50
Tom

I speak simple truths, very non PC one's and if people don't like it,
well tough, they don't like the truth.

ie Most people have this rosy thoughts of what, say being an Aboriginal in Aus is like, that it is all "whiteys" fault without seeing it for themselves or knowing about it and they don't this view being changed.

500N
30th May 2014, 20:07
Another one.

Rape victim's mother brutally beaten to force her to drop charges in northern India (http://www.smh.com.au/world/rape-victims-mother-brutally-beaten-to-force-her-to-drop-charges-in-northern-india-20140531-zrtl9.html)

nomorecatering
30th May 2014, 23:00
In Australia, domestic violence has reached epidemic proportions, unfortunately sometimes with fata results. These men are nothing but cowards.

No Cookies | Herald Sun (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-order/sunshine-stabbing-victim-had-been-in-court-just-hours-before-attack/story-fni0fee2-1226886533791)

500N
30th May 2014, 23:13
Just heard on the radio.

The two police in India who did nothing have been arrested.

Worrals in the wilds
30th May 2014, 23:35
Tom, agree with all of it. :ok: thanks for saying it, too; it's really great to hear it from a bloke and see a bunch of other blokes agreeing. :)

No more catering's point is also valid, too. While far better than Africa and the ME, our own culture still features too many wife/child beaters :(

However as for Saudi Arabia or Iran doing anything about it... That'll be the day. :rolleyes: I reckon they probably encourage it.

10Watt
30th May 2014, 23:44
As a young man living away from home for the first time, next door

was turned over by the police who found a young lndian girl bricked up

in the fireplace.

That was 1969.

Seems she had been there some time.

Do you expect change ?

Fox3WheresMyBanana
30th May 2014, 23:51
Sharia Law permits the family of the victim to forgive the killer. So when a father murders his daughter, he can effectively let himself off. This is why the Police stand by and watch 'honour' killings in Pakistan.

10Watt
31st May 2014, 00:00
Sharia Law is allowed in the UK.

But only in " local petty" disputes as far as l can see.

A few years ago Luton Council had to be legally restrained from shipping

council tax money overseas.

Ongoing isn`t it ?

Anyway, this is all extremely depressing.

parabellum
31st May 2014, 00:01
Most people have this rosy thoughts of what, say being an Aboriginal in Aus is like, that it is all "whiteys" fault without

So true, the "whitey" is blamed for introducing the Aboriginals to alcohol, which is total bollix, there is not a single primitive tribe in the whole of Africa, South America, Papa New Guinea and rural India that hasn't found a way to make an alcoholic drink! All we whiteys have done is make it more accessible, so the Aboriginals just don't bother to make it.

crewmeal
31st May 2014, 06:16

I wonder what UKIP's view of this is. Personally I believe only English Law should be allowed in the UK.

If people from whatever background want to live in the UK then they should abide by UK law not their own.

sitigeltfel
31st May 2014, 06:22
Personally I believe only English Law should be allowed in the UK.

If people from whatever background want to live in the UK then they should abide by UK law not their own.

You haven't really thought that through, have you?

crewmeal
31st May 2014, 06:23
OK is this what the UK is coming to?

Bartlett Park poster warns dog-walkers to stay out of 'Islamic areas' | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2644058/Do-not-walk-dog-Muslims-not-like-dogs-Fury-poster-discovered-near-popular-London-park-warns-dog-walkers-stay-Islamic-areas.html)

500N
31st May 2014, 06:24
Para

The one thing whites can be blamed for is introducing various diseases that wiped out most of the abos. Everything else they had a choice in.

sitigeltfel
31st May 2014, 06:27
OK is this what the UK is coming to?

Bartlett Park poster warns dog-walkers to stay out of 'Islamic areas' | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2644058/Do-not-walk-dog-Muslims-not-like-dogs-Fury-poster-discovered-near-popular-London-park-warns-dog-walkers-stay-Islamic-areas.html)
I am no friend of Islam, but that poster could easily have been put there by shit stirrers.

500N
31st May 2014, 06:36
Take an attack dog in there and see how they react.
I doubt they would hang around.

I'd walk my dog just to prove a point.

Or take a pig on a lead !

TWT
31st May 2014, 06:39
500N,and stealing their kids too.

500N
31st May 2014, 06:42
Yes, of course. Valid point.

They didn't have Any choice in that either.

Fliegenmong
31st May 2014, 06:46
Yeah, scatter a few slaughtered piglets around the park, then let your dogs sniff them out ! :E:E :D:D

500N
31st May 2014, 06:57
Put a pigs tail and arsehole on top of the poster !

And every poster and place Muslims congregate, I am sure they will get the message.

james ozzie
31st May 2014, 07:39
A notable reply (wiki):

A story for which Napier is often noted involved Hindu priests complaining to him about the prohibition of Sati by British authorities. This was the custom of burning a widow alive on the funeral pyre of her husband. As first recounted by his brother William, he replied:

"Be it so. This burning of widows is your custom; prepare the funeral pile. But my nation has also a custom. When men burn women alive we hang them, and confiscate all their property. My carpenters shall therefore erect gibbets on which to hang all concerned when the widow is consumed. Let us all act according to national customs."

ExXB
31st May 2014, 07:54

From Wiki: In September 2008, newspapers in the United Kingdom stated the government had "quietly sanctioned" the recognition of sharia courts. This refers to situations where both sides in a legal dispute freely choose a sharia court as a binding arbitrator rather than taking a matter before the official courts. The decision did not break new ground: the decisions of similar Jewish beth din court arbitrations have been recognized in England for over 100 years

bcgallacher
31st May 2014, 08:51
Can you imagine the screaming and shouting that would take place if a Christian who converted to Islam was sentenced to 100 lashes and execution after marrying a Muslim? 'Human rights' would be invoked,'religious discrimination' etc. If ever there was a case for using a drone for a political purpose this is it. Put a Predator with a couple of Hellfires over the Sudanese Presidential palace and leave the gentleman in no doubt what the result would be if the lady is not released in good health. The Barbarians are at the gates and it is time that more enlightened countries cry enough - if a large number of 'martyrs are created, so be it.

Tankertrashnav
31st May 2014, 08:55
ExXB - dont be a party pooper. The usual suspects, having whipped themselves into a state of frenzy about so called incursions of Sharia law in the UK, dont want someone like you coming along and spoiling it all by presenting them with facts ;)

Back to the main point, I utterly condemn the events in India, Pakistan and Sudan, not that my condemnation is going to make one whit of difference to the tragic ituation in those countries. I think we just have to wait 500 odd years for their mindsets to catch up with the civilised world :(

Effluent Man
31st May 2014, 08:56
bcgallacher,That is the best response to this that I have seen yet.As for both parties freely choosing Sharia Law to settle a dispute.How many muslim women are the beneficiaries of this free choice?

Vercingetorix
31st May 2014, 13:21
Islamic law defines that a Muslim man may marry a Muslim, Christian or Jewish woman but an Islamic woman can only marry a Muslim man.
Exclusive control system or what? Was the Roman Catholic Church with it's excommunication doctrine any better?
Mohammed (who is reputed to have been an illiterate with a super intelligent older first wife) had a Greek slave who was conversant with the Christian way is rumoured to have basically copied the Old Testament and enforced his teachings (!) by the sword. (Not much change there).
Having been in the Middle East for a long period I can report that I have many friends and contacts from a mulitude of countries, i.e. Palestine, Pakistan, Egypt, Jordan, UAE, Muscat, etc and all are reasonable people just looking to survive and support their wives and kids.
They are not Fascists nor demagogues, just survivors,
The Muslim problem you are getting in the UK is from the uneducated Pakistanis and Bangladeshis who, with their tribal attitude, would not survive 5 minutes in the Middle east. i.e. Saudi, Kuwait, etc.

acbus1
31st May 2014, 13:30
Look on the bright side: there's never been any violence directed specifically towards men anywhere in the world. :rolleyes:

Fox3WheresMyBanana
31st May 2014, 16:41
BBC News - Sudan death row woman 'to be freed' (http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-27651483)

I suspect we may have CMD or Barry to thank for this - something good done at last.

G-CPTN
31st May 2014, 17:06
Hoolilaliah!

TomJoad
31st May 2014, 17:39
BBC News - Sudan death row woman 'to be freed' (http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-27651483)

I suspect we may have CMD or Barry to thank for this - something good done at last.

That is truly good news, I am so happy for that young woman, her husband and her child. I'm sure the story would have been different if the world had not brought pressure on Sudan. let's hope it transpires. But much more needs to be done and our governments need to lead just as they took action to end slavery. Nor should this be seen as a vilification of Islam per se, those who mistreat women in this way use Islam as a cover and it should not be allowed to give their action any form, even misguided, countenance. Their actions are nothing but murder, rape, enslavement of another human being - let us name it for what it is. Any regime which sanctions that behaviour/culture/philosophy needs to know that is how the international community will view it. Islam is not the problem here.

Tom

con-pilot
31st May 2014, 17:48
So true, the "whitey" is blamed for introducing the Aboriginals to alcohol, which is total bollix, there is not a single primitive tribe in the whole of Africa, South America, Papa New Guinea and rural India that hasn't found a way to make an alcoholic drink!

Not in North America, here the locals, before the European invaders arrived, had already discovered marijuana. Didn't need no stinkin' booze.

Oh, and not to mention those ‘magical’ mushrooms. :p

Worrals in the wilds
31st May 2014, 23:09
That's fabulous news, thanks.

Fareastdriver
31st May 2014, 23:50
It will still take 500 years.

500 years ago our glorious Christian Church, would take some poor old hag, charged with witchcraft on the imaginary evidence of some peasant, strap her to a chair and dunk her in the village pond.

If she survived she was guilty so they burnt her at the stake.
If she drowned then she was innocent so she had a Christian burial.

There is a river estuary just west of Torquay that has a rock with a post in the middle. That's where adulteresses were tied to wait for the tide to drown them.

Same basic logic, Muslim or Christian. It's just that one is 700 years behind the other.

parabellum
1st Jun 2014, 06:36
and stealing their kids too.

Just to give that statement some perspective, a lot of white children were taken from their parents at the same time, but there is no political gain in talking about it. The policy was that young children should be taken from dysfunctional families where they were considered to be in real danger. We do continually hear from the agitating groups but many of the Aboriginal children taken from their parent(s) will tell you it is the best thing that could have happened as it gave them good health and an education leading to employment. Of the children taken, up to 60% would probably not have reached teenage. This is well documented in Australian history but in this Super PC country it doesn't get much of an airing!

alisoncc
1st Jun 2014, 08:03
Aden Ridgeway, one time deputy leader of the democrat party?, when asked about the stolen generation commented that he wouldn't be where he was then if he hadn't been "stolen".

Saltie
1st Jun 2014, 18:26
Back 100 to 40 years ago, when the so called stolen generation business was all the go, one didn't put pen to paper to say something so unspeakable as 45 year old men were having sex with 7 year girls (as was - is? - the custom in some Aboriginal societies). Instead, one said the child was in need of protection.

Most of the current Leftie shit stirrers today are totally aware of this, but choose to ignore it because it doesn't support their case.

TomJoad
1st Jun 2014, 18:48
It will still take 500 years.

Same basic logic, Muslim or Christian. It's just that one is 700 years behind the other.

Exploitation of a deeply held philosophy/tradition to enforce or coerce a people to a particular cause has not been restricted to abuse of religion. Those who need to abuse power will always find a lever to manipulate people. It happens today in our secular/consumerist society no less - but at least we no longer burn witches!

Tom

owen meaney
1st Jun 2014, 20:14
Saltie
45 year old men were having sex with 7 year girls (as was - is? - the custom in some Aboriginal societies). An early anthropologist, Daisy Bates, lived with the clans in WA for many years. Her discourse on aboriginal traditional life is quite confronting and should be compusory reading for modern politicians
The Passing of the Aborigines, by Daisy Bates : contents (http://ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/b/bates/daisy/passing/contents.html)

Fubaar
1st Jun 2014, 20:24
My fear is that, rather than it taking these people 500 years to catch up with Western ideals, that in 50 years or less from now, they'll have dragged the Western world back 500 years. Political Correctness and a fear of causing offence (along with the ever present White Guilt) by the Left is accelerating our society towards this social abyss.

500N
1st Jun 2014, 21:30
Having underage sex is one of the biggest issues that hasn't been fully addressed in Aboriginal society. The intervention went part of the way but that's about it.

G-CPTN
2nd Jun 2014, 00:55
BBC News - Meriam Ibrahim: Husband 'not informed of release' (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-27655842)

sitigeltfel
2nd Jun 2014, 05:40
45 year old men were having sex with 7 year girls (as was - is? - the custom in some Aboriginal societies). Instead, one said the child was in need of protection.

Most of the current Leftie shit stirrers today are totally aware of this, but choose to ignore it because it doesn't support their case.

The woman who sits to the left of Ed Miliband in the UK Parliament supported a group that campaigned for that.

Harriet Harman and PIE (http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/danhodges/100261439/the-harriet-harman-paedophilia-scandal-is-a-disaster-of-labours-own-making/)

Alloa Akbar
2nd Jun 2014, 07:34
Lets be blunt, any man who abuses any woman, irrespective of whether he is muslim, christian, indian, pakistani or jimmy frickin saville, is a no good piece of shit and deserves to be locked up.

Woman annoying you? Driving you nuts? Walk away man. simple.

Effluent Man
2nd Jun 2014, 07:42
That article doesn't exactly say that though does it? It is about the age of consent being 14 rather than 16.As the vast majority of 16 year olds have already had sex it would seem a sensible move to make it 14.

sitigeltfel
2nd Jun 2014, 07:55
That article doesn't exactly say that though does it? It is about the age of consent being 14 rather than 16.As the vast majority of 16 year olds have already had sex it would seem a sensible move to make it 14.

That article was merely a link. What you have chosen to ignore, either through ignorance or deliberate avoidance based on your political stance, is this...

In 1978–9 the Paedophile Information Exchange surveyed its members and found that they were most attracted to girls aged 8–11 and boys aged 11–15.Awaiting further obfuscation. :rolleyes:

500N
2nd Jun 2014, 07:58
Siti

I wouldn't bother, the last time this was discussed I couldn't believe some of the comments along the lines of Effluent Man.

I still can't believe he posted what he posted !

mikedreamer787
2nd Jun 2014, 08:04
Woman annoying you? Driving you nuts? Walk away man. simple.Very true Mr Akbar. I did so months ago.

Although I've never done it myself - I admit
having some empathy about certain blokes
who lash out physically at their women. I'm
not condoning it, I'm just simply saying that
I understand it.

Some females can regularly push a fellow to
the breaking point and then bung on an act
afterwards that she's the poor hard-done-by
"battered wife" and butter wouldn't melt in
her mouth. I've observed this firsthand back
in Oz.

Remember that some guys are stuck in bad
relationships they can't get out of, usually
because of their financial situation.

owen meaney
2nd Jun 2014, 08:10
Woman annoying you? Driving you nuts? Walk away man. simple. You are kidding? That's the problem with you all, can't keep your women in line.

Alloa Akbar
2nd Jun 2014, 08:58
Mike - Was once married to a proper game player and all round nasty piece of work myself.. I walked, took a hit financially, but am much happier for it.

As for her, she still screams, she still tries to manipulate, she still tries to influence.. But when you don't care, don't listen and don't engage, then it doesn't affect you anymore.

Effluent Man
2nd Jun 2014, 15:49
500N, I can't imagine what it must have been for you to think that,although I must admit to having had a wide experience of life,so maybe that didn't fit in with your view of the world.Anyway,since my last post things have moved on a tad.

Listening to R4 at lunchtime Edwina Currie (Whom despite her politics I admire,although not of course for political reasons) admiitted that when she was Health Secretary she allowed "Doctor" Jimmy Savile to work in Broadmoor where he bullied the staff and shagged the patients! I think that tops her Harpersonship by some distance.

500N
2nd Jun 2014, 16:05
EM

I have wide experience in life as well.

But I still don't agree with lowering the age to 14 !

Effluent Man
2nd Jun 2014, 16:46
I see,from what you posted I thought I must have advocated lowering it to eight.

reynoldsno1
3rd Jun 2014, 01:23
introducing the Aboriginals to alcohol ... I recall watching a documentary that asserted the introduction of canned food had a much worse effect. The high salt content was devastating to the aboriginal metabolism ....

500N
3rd Jun 2014, 01:30
The only "can" that had a bad effect on Aboriginals was the Toyota 4WD.

It meant they drove instead of walked everywhere and that was the
start of "Toyota disease" and diabetes.

I am sure the higher salt in canned food hasn't helped.

Dark Knight
3rd Jun 2014, 01:50
will tell you it is the best thing that could have happened as it gave them good health and an education leading to employment.

More often and not through to a University education leading to employment within the `Aboriginal Industry' where they now perpetuate the myth of the `Stolen Generation',`Invasion Day', how it is all Whitey's doing, the need to change the Constitution enabling the Land to be returned.

Once the land is returned Whitey and others will be charged exorbitant rents to remain in their own country.

Whitey, unfortunately, particularly the younger generation, has been brainwashed accepting this crap unable to realise what is in store in the future.

mikedreamer787
3rd Jun 2014, 09:13
On the subject isn't there a national
Sorry day down there that replaced a
national Guilt Trip day all invented by
the looney Left?

AtomKraft
3rd Jun 2014, 11:04
I'm sick of people being nasty to girls.
Without Girls, this world is nothing, in fact, to quote that old song....

James Brown-This is a man's world - YouTube (http://youtu.be/KwVvVLzCLcM)

Two girls went to the fields, to do what most folk do of a morning, and finished up hanging from a mango tree.

:sad:

parabellum
4th Jun 2014, 02:42
Agreed Dark Knight but I didn't put that in my post, just wanted to clarify the story that surrounds the 'stolen generation' :ok:

mikedreamer787
4th Jun 2014, 03:20
IIRC Andrew Bolt (a columnist for The Australian)
publically challenged the loony Left to state just
ten names of the so-called "stolen generation".

These commies and associated cohorts could not
name even one.

Be buggered if I'm going to feel any sort of "sorry"
or "guilt" for any shit (real or invented) that went
down before I was born.