PDA

View Full Version : Sion (LSGS) steep approach Hawker 800A

imriozer
28th May 2014, 09:42
Hi guys,

looking for a reference allowing our hawker 800a to do the steep approach for sion airport.
"LSGS 10-1P1 1.3.3.2 ACFT REQUIREMENTS the aircraft must be able to fly a 6 degrees approach according to the AFM"

i couldnt find and reference in the AFM stating which approach we can and which we cant.

the only document that i do have is the EASA TYPE CERTIFICATE DATA SHEET (http://easa.europa.eu/system/files/dfu/EASA-TCDS-A.085_(IM)_Hawker_Series-04-06042011.pdf) stating in "type of operations" the words "steep approach"

any information will be highly appreciated.

thanks, Imri!!!

WTON
28th May 2014, 10:52
Hello,

I think probably as you flight there from time to time, the only think, you have to study is the airport qualification.

Training of IFR pilots for Sion Airport specific DA/MDA quaification (http://www.sionairport.ch/pilots/ifr-procedures.xhtml)

No problem at all for all the Hawker to land at LSGS.

deefer dog
28th May 2014, 15:35
The steep approach is a mod for the Hawker. If it aint included in the AFM, you don't have the mod.

(Without the mod the aircraft will still fly the steep approach, but in addition to detailing the flight procedures the mod takes care of unwanted TAWS alerts that would otherwise be triggered during the approach. If you have the steep approach button fitted on the panel, you should have the mod.)

silverknapper
28th May 2014, 16:13
All the steep approach button does in a modified hawker is turn on a light.

Welle
29th May 2014, 08:25
some general considerations for the steep approach in sion -

afaik the AFM steep approach tables (for various aircrafts) are calculated for a steep approach (e.g. 4,49° LFLB) until touchdown, so they have to consider the steep approach angle for landing, hence less thrust available for a possible go-around etc....

In LSGG the intermediate steep approach is followed by visual maneuvering with a "normal" final approach of approx 3°.
so i think, that the steep approach tables do not necessarily apply??
off course the aircraft has to be able to fly the steep approach (full flas plus spoilers...)

is my consideration correct, or did i miss some important point?
(havenīt been there for some time)

rgds
Welle

Pull Up Whoop Whoop
13th Jun 2014, 20:27
Steep approach approval not required. LSGS has an IGS, not ILS, basically a localiser approach to 7d to break cloud followed by visual manoeuvre to land. 3.5 degree papi.