PDA

View Full Version : Visa from China - HKG - China

halas
27th May 2014, 09:31
May have an extended layover in CAN and would prefer to spend the time in HKG.

Does anyone have any experience or knowledge on how l can do that?

I am guessing (as l do not read or speak chinese) that we arrive into China with a shore pass as operating crew. Getting into HKG is not a problem (Oz passport).
It's the getting back into China that l see the hurdle and then when it comes time to departing as operating crew.

Any good feedback welcome.

halas

BayBong
28th May 2014, 10:25
3 y ago, I remember I applied for a visa from HK to CAN at a desk in HK airport. Cost is very acceptable. You may require a visa from one of the outlet doing just that, then they deliver it at the airport at their desk. Sorry it is to far to remember details, things may have changed since. Good luck.

Dan Winterland
28th May 2014, 11:28
Exiting the PRC if you arrived on a GD could be an issue. They will have a problem with you leaving the country as the immigration people at the border won't understand how you got in. You can ask your handling agents in CAN how to do this, but I don't anticipate it being easy. There doesn't seem a word for flexibility in the Chinese languages.

halas
30th May 2014, 04:43
Thanks for the info guys.

halas

Metro man
30th May 2014, 06:02
Don't get caught in China without the correct visa. Eg you can get a visa on arrival for the Shenzhen special economic zone, with some countries passports, when you arrive by train or ferry from Hong Kong. However the airport is outside the zone and you would have problems trying to leave by air.