PDA

View Full Version : Norwegian 320

squawkident.
26th May 2014, 12:58
Hello,

Anybody know when Norwegian will start receiving their 320's? I heard end of this year was the plan but it may have been delayed?

Any gen?

latetonite
26th May 2014, 13:31
Do not tell me you bought the wrong type rating.

squawkident.
26th May 2014, 13:40
Latetonight, why do you assume I bought a type rating ?
Am a captain, looking to return Europe bound.

latetonite
26th May 2014, 13:52
I do not assume. It just looks funny if a pilot is awaiting an airline to start another type.

slr737
26th May 2014, 15:11
end of 2015 i think.

If the NEO does not have any issue. have they flown already?

A and C
26th May 2014, 15:46
I would like to know when the A320 will start........... Then when they start looking for people to fly the all electric jet I can hide.

1alpha
27th May 2014, 00:41
Hardly a strange question. Lots of guys here in Asia flying the baby bus wanting to get back to Europe and waiting for this contract...

FLEXPWR
27th May 2014, 01:54
Same here, 320 captain in Asia, would love to see a good opportunity to return to the old continent, and hope for a base in the southern Europe.

This is not a silly question at all! Experience on type is a valuable asset, I'd rather keep flying on the same aircraft and fly where the jobs are, rather that change types (unless for better conditions or better lifestyle of course) and jump through all the hoops again.

I look forward to the beginning of deliveries and the positions opening for A320 drivers.

standardbrief
27th May 2014, 11:19
Yup was wondering the same thing squawkident. Sir737 neos will begin flight testing later this year. I don't suppose anyone knows the proposed norwegian a320 crew bases?

latetonite wind your neck in

737 Jockey
27th May 2014, 13:11
I think at the moment, no one really knows. Various rumours, probably started by people who want the bus at their base! I've heard BCN as an Airbus base, likewise I've heard they have been purchased as a bargaining tool against Future Boeing orders. They may be sold on or leased to airlines who want to expand, but can't get the deliveries quick enough!

I wouldn't mind a cabin crew table and a bit more head/legroom myself!

However, if the contracts on offer don't significantly improve, there'll be a lot of empty seats, 737 & 320!

:mad:

captplaystation
27th May 2014, 13:17
There is a rumour,and at this early stage it is very much only a rumour, of BCN/MAD/LGW, and that it "won't be based in Scandinavia".
Make of that what you will, but that is the current gossip.