PDA

View Full Version : Emails from people re links to MH370 ??

500N
26th May 2014, 07:28
Anyone else getting emails from people who are obviously PPRuNe members who are unhappy with the moderators deleting certain posts in the MH370 thread ?

I have had two today, asking that the links be sent to as many people as possible because of the mods !

Quote from the email
"Thanks to the censoring by the pprune MUZZLEMEN moderators, these links below (pertinent to MH370's disappearance) are yet to see the light of day."

My view - if you don't like the way the mods run things, start your own web site forum and I don't need someone sending me links to find out information on the MH370 !

mad_jock
26th May 2014, 07:51
You should see the abuse you get if the chemtrail lot get their teeth into you :ok:

Some dafty posted a pic of some water meth tanks on my type claiming they were spraying tanks. I got a week of narky comments when I told them what they were.

That sort of incident is always going to attract weirdo's

500N
26th May 2014, 08:05
mad_jock

I can handle chem trailers.

Like this lot, I start off asking nicely, they decide whether it escalates from that point on. I doubt many would play as dirty as I can when it comes to the crunch.

Lord Spandex Masher
26th May 2014, 08:07
Is the problem getting emails or the content of the emails?

Either way it's not too onerous to add the addresses to your junk filter and/or ignore them.

Actually, it does seems like a good opportunity to play the dutiful moderator's pet!

500N
26th May 2014, 08:18
Getting the emails - and the way the sent them, using the PPRuNe system to do it, instead of sending a PM, they send a message to the persons email.

As someone said on the MH370 thread "I did receive it as well. This miserable fellow feels he needs to ram it down our throats even though the subject was discussed here, it's nothing new."

If I add it to the Spam filter, my PM's will end up as Spam.

I'm no ones pet :O (the mods ban me too often for me to be a mods pet ;)), they will see my post in the MH370 thread.

mad_jock
26th May 2014, 08:55
just put them in your ignore list and remove the ability to email you directly.

user CP in the top left hand corner and then edit options, and the email bit at the top remove the option for other users to email you.

ExSp33db1rd
26th May 2014, 09:19
Nevertheless I'm irritated that some - most it seems - of my posts on the MH 370 thread have been removed. I was not rude or non PC - as I often am ! - and they may not have been totally relevant, but then how does anyone know at the moment what will eventually - we hope - prove to have been relevant and what not ? Anything goes at the moment, so why not let it all hang out ?

.........remove the option for other users to email you.

I don't want to stop everyone using that option - just some !

500N
26th May 2014, 09:25
Mad Jock

Thanks, didn't know that. I'll go and do that.

Ex,

Yes, it does surprise me that you and other known pilots - incl 777 pilots got modded out all the time !

Saab Dastard
26th May 2014, 10:09
Name and shame the culprits in a note to admins. They can take action against those abusing the PM / email system.

SD