PDA

View Full Version : NAS Paycuts

Getmeout
25th May 2014, 09:52
Hi all.

Anybody know if what is posted on Pilot Job Network re paycuts for NAS contractors is true?

737 Jockey
25th May 2014, 11:57
That is the current offer from Norwegian Air Resources Finland to Helsinki based contractors, for a permanent employment contract. It has been firmly rejected by 100% of the organised, united and unionised Professional Pilots of Helsinki base.

Gentlemen & Ladies, We salute you!

:ok:

go around flaps15
26th May 2014, 20:37
The only pay cut that might happen is for Norwegian management when aircraft stop pushing due to insulting offers.

There is a storm on the horizon I think.

Cont
27th May 2014, 06:22
It's gone a bit quiet on the Helsinki front, any news what the companies next move might be now that no one has signed the contract etc?

Fat Dog
27th May 2014, 07:48
Was at a base meeting recently. Spoke to DFO and CP about this. They claim the offer went out without them even seeing it and it will not be the final version.

I reckon half my OCC group would simply leave if that offer became reality. Surely with the deliveries on the horizon they just couldn't live with the kind of losses they would experience?

Fat Dog
27th May 2014, 08:31
Well, if they admit it was a mistake they look incompetent as well as highly disrespectful.

I think the delay is due to them coming up with a realistic offer. I am not normally optimistic in these types of situation but I believe there is at least a little hope here.

TypeIV
27th May 2014, 08:42
Probably a way for the company to get around the permanent employment deal. They will claim that they offered the pilots a permanent employment as agreed, and they didn't want it.

Since the contractors only can "take it or leave it" and not strike or negotiate legally the way I have understood it, this will unfortunately, likely be the end of discussion.

Most people will not "leave it" since the options are either ryr or China :ugh:

I do really hope that I have concieved the situation incorrectly though since this would be another nail in the coffin of the market in Europe.

Kirks gusset
27th May 2014, 08:58
Familiar story, Norwegian claiming the throne from Ryanair and Easy, 1066 rings a bell, maybe it's time NAS management got one in the eye!
Of course,if you are a 'contract pilot' with one months notice I guess it could be a bad time to start complaining. Count your fingers after you shake hands with these guys:(

DutchExpat
27th May 2014, 19:19
Sofar contractor or not everybody in Helsinki is standing firm together and nobody has signed anything! Ryanair guys and girls take notice and follow a good example now is the time!

In my humble opinion ofcourse

TypeIV
28th May 2014, 07:45
That's good news but that means that they get away not keeping their end of the deal...

Are there any negotiations planned? Are the HEL-guys entitled to strike legally?

lear999wa
14th Jun 2014, 18:18
Norwegian has been recruiting and expanding at an impressive rate for the past couple of years. They now need to consolidate that expansion by recruiting for the supporting departments i.e crew planning, replanning and many other areas and focusing on internal systems. Pilot and cabin crew recruitment is now on hold for approximately 1 year after which it will start up again.

LoCo Commotion
17th Jun 2014, 14:34
So if pilot and cabin crew recruitment has been temporarily suspended does that mean there are no aircraft deliveries planned for next year?

Also, for a DEC due to start shortly and hoping for a LGW base, does this mean a high likelihood of being stuck in Spain for 12 months or so?

FRogge
17th Jun 2014, 15:03
I was told no NG deliveries after this season, recruitment running with full speed again when the MAXes arrives

speed_alive_rotate
17th Jun 2014, 15:24
What are NAS like for base requests, and base transfers?? Couldn't be worse than Ryan! My humble opinion of coarse

LoCo Commotion
17th Jun 2014, 15:54
Cont, where are you based and where do you want to be?

speed_alive_rotate
17th Jun 2014, 16:07
Is it a fairer system though, pilots in the company longer get first choice etc?? How do management treat the pilots in general?? Thanks for all the Info guys, very informative and helpful.

niss
18th Jun 2014, 06:16
All Euro bases full

737 Jockey
18th Jun 2014, 15:31
Heard from very reliable source, that recruitment has slowed right down now and will recommence around Autumn 2015.

Of course, if permanent contracts currently on offer in Helsinki aren't improved, there may be extra recruitment earlier than planned.

So far, still a great culture and place to be, personally speaking.

speed_alive_rotate
18th Jun 2014, 16:08
Is there any talk of increasing the number of European bases in the future, and has anywhere been mentioned, or increasing the fleet number at a certain busy base? They sound like an absolute pleasure to work for compared to other low cost carriers in Europe.

737 Jockey
18th Jun 2014, 19:34
No new bases this year. No more UK bases for foreseeable future. Berlin is a warmish rumour to be the next Euro base. As for fleet numbers, well they have a lot on order, and most will go to Euro bases. LGW rumoured to be up to 30 aircraft eventually, plus Dreamliners. Barcelona will also be very busy! One of my favourite rumours, is that when the 737 MAX arrives in 2016, we'll be going transatlantic from LGW and LPA!

Good luck if you decide to apply!

speed_alive_rotate
18th Jun 2014, 19:43
Fantastic information, thanks 737 Jockey!! I am some time away from applying just yet.

captplaystation
18th Jun 2014, 19:53
Think the Max is 2017, and if recent intros by the aviation industry are anything to go by, lets settle on Dec 2018 . . . Thank Gawd . . . Transatlantic on a 737 :{ almost as bad as Oulu - Las Palmas :rolleyes:

737 Jockey
18th Jun 2014, 20:43
Thanks captain! I'm in no rush to do JFK in the Max!

See you back on FB!

go around flaps15
19th Jun 2014, 22:29
I can only echo what my two colleagues have said. There are strong rumours that the Max will be going across the pond. The Cape Verde Islands and even Gambia have been mentioned by one or two sources.

As previously said the Helsinki permanent deal will have a big part to play in how many are recruited next year.

However the number now stands at 50 I believe.

Nice place to be at the moment. I just hope it stays that way.

nrn
20th Jun 2014, 07:01
Don't hope, join the union. It is the only way

Cont
20th Jun 2014, 08:11
If no one signs in HEL, what will they do? Seems to have gone quiet now, will they hire to replace those guys?

overclock25
20th Jun 2014, 09:02
Autumn 2015? I've heard 2014!!!

niss
20th Jun 2014, 09:40
Autum 2015 is correct

TypeIV
20th Jun 2014, 13:00
If no one signs in HEL, what will they do? Seems to have gone quiet now, will they hire to replace those guys?

Most probably, they will get away not having to hire anyone :*