PDA

View Full Version : Arab tourists get guide on how to behave in Austria

rotornut
23rd May 2014, 15:15
Arab Guests Get Good Manners Guide From Salzburg Tourism Officials - General News - Salzburg Times Online News - English Newspaper (http://www.salzburgtimes.at/news/General_News/2014-05-20/26914/Arab_Guests_Get_Good_Manners_Guide_From_Salzburg_Tourism_Off icials)

Don_Apron
23rd May 2014, 15:36
All good stuff.

You can take them out of Arabia but you'll never remove Arabia from them. :}

SpringHeeledJack
23rd May 2014, 15:38
At first glance this is racism from racist people :hmm: but it has to be said that the Austrians are a) proud of their country and b) blessed with that practicality that their larger neighbour has in spades. If the well-heeled visitors are anything like those that I've witnessed over the years in various European locations, then a bit of respect is exactly what is needed towards the people and property of the countries visited. Respecting the culture and ways of places being visited has been mentioned many many times before and here is the ever so practical answer from the Austrians. As to whether it will have any effect, I'm not so sure.

SHJ

sitigeltfel
23rd May 2014, 15:47
How can you expect a culture that seeks to impose its values on everyone else by intimidation and subjugation to have any respect for those it classes as infidels.

When I can sit at a street cafe in Mecca, eating a bacon sandwich washed down with a cool beer, then I will know that they have learned to embrace "respect".

Capetonian
23rd May 2014, 17:01
At first glance this is racism from racist peopleSo preserving your culture and expecting visitors to your country to adhere to some of your standards of safety and behaviour is racism?
Got it.
Then I am racist.
but it has to be said that the Austrians are a) proud of their country and b) blessed with that practicality that their larger neighbour has in spades.an example others would do well to follow, even it means they are labelled racist.

TCAS FAN
23rd May 2014, 17:05
If the guide doesn't work, maybe there is someone in Austria who could come up with a final solution?

BDiONU
23rd May 2014, 18:15
How can you expect a culture that seeks to impose its values on everyone else by intimidation and subjugation to have any respect for those it classes as infidels.
When I can sit at a street cafe in Mecca, eating a bacon sandwich washed down with a cool beer, then I will know that they have learned to embrace "respect".
Apocryphal reader's 'letter to the editor' published in the SUNday.

Tolerance .. I am truly perplexed that so many of my friends are against another mosque being built in London
I think it should be the goal of every Englishman to be tolerant. Thus the Mosque should be allowed, in an effort to promote tolerance.
That is why I also propose that two nightclubs be opened next door to the mosque, thereby promoting tolerance from within the mosque.

We could call one of the clubs, which would be gay, "The Turban Cowboy", and the other a topless bar called "You Mecca Me Hot."

Next door should be a butcher shop that specializes in pork, and adjacent to that an open-pit barbeque pork restaurant, called "Iraq o' Ribs."

Across the street there could be a lingerie store called "Victoria Keeps Nothing Secret ", with sexy mannequins in the window modelling the goods.

Next door to the lingerie shop there would be room for an adult sex toy shop, "Koranal Knowledge", its name in flashing neon lights, and on the other side a liquor store called "Morehammered."

All of this would encourage the Muslims to demonstrate the tolerance they demand of us, so the mosque problem would be solved.

If you agree with promoting tolerance and you think this is a good plan, please publish my letter.

Seldomfitforpurpose
23rd May 2014, 18:27
BDiONU,

I have seen that one before and you just know that the Lentil Knitters will squirming in their sandals at such an idea :ok:

BDiONU
23rd May 2014, 18:30
you just know that the Lentil Knitters will squirming in their sandals at such an idea :ok:I live in the ME and have used this 'letter' to some effect :)

SMT Member
23rd May 2014, 18:35
As long as they stay far, far away during the winter season, I'm happy.

One stopped visiting certain parts of the Med quite a few years ago, when the Russian invasion became intolerable. So it's not as if I'm racist; my dislike of this kind people is founded solely in their revolting behavior.

Do feel sorry for the average Austrian, who has to put up with their shyte in order to earn a living during the summer months.

Mac the Knife
23rd May 2014, 23:11
Please do not rape the chambermaid

GrumpyOldFart
24th May 2014, 00:40
... or the bell boy.

meadowrun
24th May 2014, 02:12
............. or the concierge...

"Concierge" clip from 1968 Mel Brooks' "The Producers" - YouTube

Tankertrashnav
24th May 2014, 11:02
Oh ffs - not another thread on this subject :*

Why dont we just rename JB "IslamophobesRus", or some such, and have done with it?

TTN

(not a lentil knitter)

cavortingcheetah
24th May 2014, 11:25
I have been told that Sir Sultan Mohammad Shah (1885-1957) who was the third Aga Khan used to take an entire floor at the Ritz Hotel in London for himself and his entourage when visiting the capital. Upon his departure the hotel would have to change all the carpets on the entire floor on account of the lavatorial habits of the departed Ismaili guests.
Perhaps some Austrian hoteliers have more cause for concern than they are prepared to illuminate to the eye of the public?
Any visitor to the more fashionable areas of London in August will have seen at first hand how certain tourists treat Sloane Street and Belgrave Square as a private race track and how the Pont Street/Beauchamp Place areas behind Harrods can be transformed into car parks for penile perambulators of great power but limited elegance. A perceptive passer by might even notice the squiggly lines on the licence plates which lead to a reasonable clue as to from whence the vehicles were flown by private super jet for the amusement of the truly idle super rich and the adoration of their sycophants.
Perhaps it is possible that some Austrians are unhappy with the vulgarity that can be displayed by tourists from time to time? Possibly these displays of disgusting behaviour are disproportionately distributed among one element of mankind rather in the same way as is the prison population of Britain. Possibly even an Austrian inn keeper can be forgiven for not wishing to see a bad example set for his children?

Ancient Mariner
24th May 2014, 12:27
And "western" tourists does not ever show disgusting behavior when travelling abroad? :hmm:
Give me strength!
Per

cavortingcheetah
24th May 2014, 12:38
Yes indeed and British youth must almost hold pride of place in that infamous role. Here though the Arabs are under discussion and there is nothing of the racist about that matter of fact. Indeed, one might charitably give them some degree of absolution based upon the examples set, as in Palestine or Egypt, by their former colonial masters.

Hydromet
24th May 2014, 13:58
Didn't realise so many went to Austria. Do they go for the kangaroos?

rotornut
24th May 2014, 14:15
No, they go for the schnapps.

Mechta
24th May 2014, 15:06
Any companies selling to the Austrians will appreciate reusing the line:

...prices are not to be negotiated

Brian Abraham
25th May 2014, 04:22
And "western" tourists does not ever show disgusting behavior when travelling abroad?They sure do, but they can't get away with it in the countrys where Austrias guests of complaint originate.

Metro man
25th May 2014, 07:40
If Arab tourists behaved correctly in Austria there would be no need for a guide like this. The fact that they haven't produced one for Swedish tourists suggests that Sweeds behave in an appropriate manner.

When visiting a foreign country it's best to do a little research on the local norms and customs first. Arab countries have plenty of advice for foreign visitors on such matters as women's dress, not eating in public during Ramadan or bringing in pork and alcohol. This would suggest westerners weren't behaving appropriately and needed guidance, if their nationals need similar advice they can't complain.

BTW. In Thailand everyone in the cinema stands while a short film of the King is played before the main feature.