PDA

View Full Version : McDonalds: an Unhappy Meal

rotornut
20th May 2014, 21:35
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-abstGkJ-E

lomapaseo
20th May 2014, 22:21
charges are appropriate .. end of story

it's a dog-eat dog world out there. Kick a pit bull and it might turn on you.

I'm sure the women will get some satisfaction out of this as they nurse their lifetime wounds.

500N
20th May 2014, 22:26
"Kick a pit bull and it might turn on you."

:ok:

They should not have hit him in the first place.

Edit
Maybe he didn't go overboard !

Lonewolf_50
20th May 2014, 22:31
I'd say he was well within his rights to make sure he beat them hard enough so that they would not get back up. These two idiots came over the counter at him and assaulted him. He should not have to take that crap.

I recall a similar incident in a store I worked in back in the 70's. A couple of young black teenaged girls went freaking psychotic. I suspect some drugs/speed was involved. It could have been a lot worse except that a cop was up stairs in the coffee shop and came down when he heard the shrieking. (Fk me, that video triggered a long dormant memory).

This is when I learned about pepper spray. Wow, that stuff works.

Our manager ended up with a black eye and a cracked rib form the two nitwits. And a face full of pepper spray as well. The two ended up in cuffs in the back of a police car, and of course back up was called.

Not a good day at the office.

Bronx
20th May 2014, 22:33
Manhattan December 3, 2011

Rayon McIntosh, the Greenwich Village McDonald's worker was not indicted by a grand jury.
After convening for 11 days over the incident, the grand jury voted to dismiss charges against McIntosh, 31.

Rayon McIntosh Cleared in McDonald's Beating Case (http://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/20111202/greenwich-village-soho/rayon-mcintosh-be-freed-mcdonalds-beating-case)

Lonewolf_50
20th May 2014, 22:35
"Over the last 11 days the the grand jury considered the evidence and voted to dismiss in the interest of justice," Assistant District Attorney Jamie Mendoza said. "We ask Mr. McIntosh be freed."
Awesome. :ok: There is some sense in this world.

500N
20th May 2014, 22:37
Interesting, very interesting.

I can see why with the women starting it !

Bronx
20th May 2014, 22:41
New York Post September 12, 2012

The sequel - Lesbians plead guilty to starting McDonalds fracas (http://nypost.com/2012/09/12/lesbian-couple-pleads-guilty-to-starting-mcdonalds-fracas/)

con-pilot
20th May 2014, 22:42
I'm sure the women will get some satisfaction out of this as they nurse their lifetime wounds.

I'm sure they'll think twice again before they jump over a counter and attack an unsuspecting worker for just doing his job.

Sorry, I don’t feel the least bit sorry for them.

They attacked him because he checked the 50 dollar bill to make sure it was not counterfeit.

Christ, they check 20 dollar bills anymore at a lot of places.

500N
20th May 2014, 22:44
They certainly came off the worse for wear, cracked skull, facial injuries, cut to arm, all of which they will have for a long time.

And then the criminal conviction !

Being two women, you have to ask about the timing !

500N
20th May 2014, 22:46
"They attacked him because he checked the 50 dollar bill to make sure it was not counterfeit.

Christ, they check 20 dollar bills anymore at a lot of places."

They check $50's here as well because of the sheer number of counterfeit notes - and we have notes that are actually quite hard to counterfeit.

500N
20th May 2014, 23:15
Can you imagine if he had been white ?

I wonder what the outcome would have been then having just beaten up
two black women with a metal pole ?

pigboat
20th May 2014, 23:51
I wonder what the outcome would have been then having just beaten up two black women with a metal pole ?
The President would have gone on national TV and told the American public if he had had two sisters, he would have wished they were just like them. :p

reynoldsno1
21st May 2014, 00:30
Don't know what the fuss is about - looks like normal New York etiquette ...:}

BenThere
21st May 2014, 01:46
Can you imagine if he had been white ?

It would be another extravaganza on the scale of Trayvon.

11Fan
21st May 2014, 03:08
Obviously they thought they were at Burger King and mistakenly asked for a Whopper.

10Watt
21st May 2014, 03:21
Where`s me burger ?

500N
21st May 2014, 03:26
10Watt

She was after a "extra crispy chicken sandwich" :O

indiscipline_girl
21st May 2014, 08:36
If only all parties involved had been armed with AK47's, then surely politeness would have prevailed?

John Hill
21st May 2014, 08:49
Not likely to happen at this branch..

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/t1.0-9/10402081_682548848447244_7254483617289813037_n.png[/quote]

500N
21st May 2014, 08:53
"If only all parties involved had been armed with AK47's, then surely politeness would have prevailed?"

Or two or three dead people !

Spray and pray around that place and it might have been more !

UniFoxOs
21st May 2014, 09:09
Over the last 11 days the the grand jury considered the evidence and voted to dismiss in the interest of justice

Should have been 11 minutes.

acbus1
21st May 2014, 09:10
McDonald's McRib Sandwich.

Knuckles extra - you go ahead and just ask for em.

He should be reinstated; promoted even: Bar Manager

onetrack
21st May 2014, 10:19
The newest NY Macca's food offering; A McKnuckle sandwich with added iron content. Guaranteed to floor you with its overpowering delivery.

The SSK
21st May 2014, 10:33
I like the NY Post's cut'n'paste style of journalism

“Yes,” Darbeau answered glumly. She’ll serve five years probation
/..
.“Yes,” Edwards answered glumly. She’ll serve ten days of community service

Blacksheep
21st May 2014, 10:40
Many moons ago, I was having a quiet beer in Millie's in Changi Village. A very big, well muscled tatooed man (tatoos were rare in those days) came over and asked if I wanted a fight. I declined. He tried the same on the two other guys at the table opposite - with the same result. He then shouted out loud that no-one had the guts to stop him and he jumped over the bar, shoved the skinny bartender - "Charlie" - out of the way and opened the till. At that point a foot shot up from below the bar and hit the big guy on the chin. He dropped like a stone. Charlie was a black belt fifth dan.

Then the old bearded chinese guy (singlet, shorts, flip-flops - you know the kind of guy. Mr. Tan, the owner) came from the kitchen to see what was going on. He kicked the guy in the goolies. Very hard. (Old Mr. Tan was only fourth dan). Then in came the heavies. Mr. Tan had been paying his protection money to the Tongs, so he had called in the protection. They used clubs to beat the guy even more senseless than he already was and left.

Finally the cops turned up. After some deliberation and rifling through his pockets they declared he was a Filipino seaman, just released from Changi jail where he had been serving a sentence for robbery. They picked up the unconscious would-be robber and carted him away. We heard later that he got another six years in Changi.

Now, that's justice. I ordered another beer. Just another Saturday afternoon in Changi Village 1970.

Ancient Mariner
21st May 2014, 10:54
So a person previously convicted for manslaughter is applauded for beating two girls senseless with an iron bar?
How times change, my father taught me that under no circumstance was it OK to hit a female. I've lived by it although tempted.
Per

TWT
21st May 2014, 11:08
I've seen females playing pool in a bar who I would be too scared to even ask what the time was.Blue singlets,tattoos, muscles,half shaved haircuts and calf high army boots.

Moral: Never pick a fight if you can't be sure you'll win.

Capetonian
21st May 2014, 11:11
Scum attracts scum. Another reason not to go near MuckDonalds.

500N
21st May 2014, 11:11
Am

Times have changed.

Ancient Mariner
21st May 2014, 12:18
500N, it seems so. :(
Per

cockney steve
21st May 2014, 12:44
Rayon McIntosh Cleared in McDonald's Beating Case

I blame the damned parents......for chrissake, what's wrong with calling the lad "PVC" ? A bit of class, please! :}

Lonewolf_50
21st May 2014, 13:06
So a person previously convicted for manslaughter is applauded for beating two girls senseless with an iron bar?
How times change, my father taught me that under no circumstance was it OK to hit a female. I've lived by it although tempted. Per
Per, did you watch the video? The assault (fight) was commenced by the females, in a violent fashion. The fight was finished by someone else who did not care for being attacked.

In a society striving for equality, if one chooses to take on the role of a male hoodlum, one must expect to be treated as one.

'Tis only fair.

Ancient Mariner
21st May 2014, 13:49
I did watch the video, but I'm raised in a country where self defense means just that, not the opportunity to beat your opponent senseless or worse.
Per

Lonewolf_50
21st May 2014, 13:55
I guess we learned different lessons in life.

When someone starts an assault in full rage mode, you can only assume they'll stop when they are stopped. That fellow was making sure.

As I noted a few posts up regarding the day I found out what pepper spray does, my own experience informs my view on this.

Seldomfitforpurpose
21st May 2014, 14:04
I did watch the video, but I'm raised in a country where self defense means just that, not the opportunity to beat your opponent senseless or worse.
Per

Being British I do to a certain extant share your sentiments however as others have pointed out these were hardly ladies within the context of how a gentleman should act.

These were two women who not only attacked him but jumped over a counter to continue that attack. If you further consider where this actually happened then there is a way better than even chance that hand guns could have been involved.

Add to this his time and experiences learned in jail leads me to think that whilst his actions might on first glance appear extreme putting your attacker down so that they stay down was probably his main priority.

Ancient Mariner
21st May 2014, 14:04
Lonewolf 50, I guess we did.
Per

500N
21st May 2014, 14:14
AM

I was also brought up like you, however I have also changed.

If a woman such as these two hit me like they did, unprovoked
and followed up aggressively like they did, then sorry but even
I would defend myself by hitting back.

Now my initial reaction was I thought he went overboard and maybe a metal pole is a bit much
but as someone pointed out, with his background it probably doesn't seem much.

eticket
21st May 2014, 14:39
I entered a McD in Peterborough and there was a food fight in progress. It appeared that most of the staff were participating in a cashiers versus chefs match.

It was only stopped when the waiting customers got fed up with ducking out of the way and started flinging back the pieces of tomato and pickle that had sailed over the counter.

Blacksheep
21st May 2014, 14:47

I guess the moral of my Changi story is that when you start a fight, you should be prepared for consequences that aren't quite what you expected. :rolleyes:

rgbrock1
21st May 2014, 14:47
What I want to know is why the two "women" were not charged with assault along with the other minor charges against them.

The McDonald's worker is going to be in prison for a very long time: former felon.

500N
21st May 2014, 14:50
rgb

See the following.

mcd worker was cleared.
Rayon McIntosh Cleared in McDonald's Beating Case - Greenwich Village & SoHo - DNAinfo.com New York (http://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/20111202/greenwich-village-soho/rayon-mcintosh-be-freed-mcdonalds-beating-case)

women were charged
Lesbian couple pleads guilty to starting McDonald?s fracas | New York Post (http://nypost.com/2012/09/12/lesbian-couple-pleads-guilty-to-starting-mcdonalds-fracas/)

rgbrock1
21st May 2014, 14:53
Thanks for clarifying 500N:

Hey, did you ever get the photo I sent to you via email last week? You never answered. You prick!!! :}

500N
21st May 2014, 14:55
rgb

No, send me a PM with you email address again.

Sorry :{

Ancient Mariner
21st May 2014, 15:04
Blacksheep: I guess the moral of my Changi story is that when you start a fight, you should be prepared for consequences that aren't quite what you expected.

I have no problem with that, been on both sides occasionally through the years. :ouch:

I just commented more on the amount of "self defense".

On a brighter note, Changi Village is much quieter now than in the 70'ies. Surprised to hear that the "very big, well muscled tattooed" gent was a Filippino. They tend to be the opposite, and I never met one who picked a fight, although they certainly would not shy away from one. Live and learn.
Per

acbus1
21st May 2014, 15:06
my father taught me that under no circumstance was it OK to hit a female.
...and females rely upon that.

The two in the McDonalds video are a prime example. 'Lets slap a guy - he won't dare hit us back cos we're wimmin'. 'Lets jump over the counter and beat this guy up - he won't dare retaliate cos we're wimmin'.

I wonder how much more positive and inmmediate the judgement would've been if two male customers had been involved, instead of two females.

I wonder how much more positive and immediate further still the judgement would've been if two male customers had been involved, instead of two females and the server had been female, instead of male.

Truth is, I don't wonder in the slightest and I doubt many on JB do either.

Checkboard
21st May 2014, 16:57
Wrongful dismissal of the McDonald's employee as well. :=

lomapaseo
21st May 2014, 18:10
Wrongful dismissal of the McDonald's employee as well.

He did cause willful damage to that steel rod and contributed to the shutdown of the kitchen while they cleaned up the blood.

I bet somewhere there are rules in his contract against that

rgbrock1
21st May 2014, 18:13
my father taught me that under no circumstance was it OK to hit a female.

As did mine. HOWEVER, we now know many women expect to be treated equally to men. Therefore, they've opened themselves up to an occasional wuppin' when warranted. (Not that I would ever do so mind you.) As evidenced in the McDonald's video. (Although calling the two aggressors women would be a stretch.)

er340790
21st May 2014, 18:18
Pepper spray, when used correctly, is incredibly effective. It can stop a charging 600-lb black bear in its tracks - trust me on this.

It also stopped a near-neighbor's poorly restrained German Shepherd which cleared a 5' fence one night to attack me...

Interestingly it happened a second time a week later... with the same result.

The third and all subsequent times, it charges up to the fence, recognizes me, beats a retreat to its deck and glares at me with a look of pure hatred. :}

"MY THUMBS BEAT YOUR TEETH ANY DAY, MATEY!!!"

BenThere
21st May 2014, 18:31
I recall an encounter last September, in the company of Brickhistory and Dushan at a restaurant outside the gates of Grand Teton National Park near Jackson Hole, Wyoming.

A park ranger was packing a long-barrelled, large bore pistol when we passed him in the parking lot.

"Is that good for bear?", I asked.

"No. That's for bad guys. I use pepper spray for bear."

By the way, Dushan, how are those Crocodile Luccheses you bought there working out?

I thought there is some good technique here:

http://www.handgunsmag.com/2013/11/05/5-best-concealed-carry-drills/#ixzz32CSpch4L

Checkboard
21st May 2014, 20:52
Wrongful dismissal of the McDonald's employee as well. The point is (in the UK, anyway) that you can't "sack an employee on the spot" (not without losing an unfair dismissal case, at any rate.)

So - you walk in and find your employee stuffing bills from the till into his pockets? Can you "sack them on the spot"? No.

You CAN "suspend them without pay" on the spot - but you must ALWAYS give them the chance of a fair hearing. (Perhaps your business partner asked them to go to the safe and bring them the cash? etc etc)

This guy was "sacked on the spot" after the TV station contacted the owner - and a grand jury later found he had no case to answer!

ExSp33db1rd
22nd May 2014, 01:08
........we now know many women expect to be treated equally to men.

No problem with that, but they can't then expect any female privileges as well.

....... or can they ! "expect" maybe, but "receive" is a different story
( or is it ! )

reynoldsno1
22nd May 2014, 03:36
McD in Peterborough .... chefs match

... I'm really struggling with that particular concept :confused:

Fliegenmong
22nd May 2014, 10:58
By the way, Dushan, how are those Crocodile Luccheses you bought there working out?

I had to google 'Crocodile Luccheses'

Mens Caimen Crocodile Lucchese Classics Custom Hand-Made Leather Boots (http://store.lucchesecowboyboots.com/mecanicrlucl.html)

By Jesus you are surely jesting!! Up to $3 630.00 FOR A FRIGGIN REPTILE SKIN BOOTS!!! :eek::eek:

You wouldn't dare wear them outside!!

Ancient Mariner
22nd May 2014, 12:08
It says "Mens boot", surely they must be joking?
Per