PDA

View Full Version : Common sense at last!

Seldomfitforpurpose
19th May 2014, 18:33
BBC Sport - Richard Scudamore remains Premier League chief executive (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27479048)

Now the powers that be need to go after the money and attention seeking thief who stole his private emails and touted them round the media in a shallow attempt to have her 15 minutes :=

Sallyann1234
19th May 2014, 20:21
I have no idea what he said, and no wish to know. But can you decipher this statement for me?
Scudamore said: "These exchanges do not reflect my views towards women in football, the workplace or in general. It's something never to be repeated."
Does it mean:

"My emails are not to be trusted because I say things I don't mean" or

"I'll be more careful not to be caught out saying what I think in future"

500N
19th May 2014, 20:24
Sally

I was thinking the same thing when I read those words.

Seldomfitforpurpose
19th May 2014, 20:42
The bit in the article that stood out for me was

'But the statement said there was "no climate of disrespect of women in the workplace" at the Premier League and claimed that Scudamore's female colleagues at the organisation made it clear his "conduct and behaviour have been beyond reproach.'

If everyone whose private lives had potential conflict with their professional lives is to be sacked then the jobless figures are quite likely going to spike.

SpringHeeledJack
19th May 2014, 21:22
That Scudamore is less than respectful to the ladeez is a matter of perspective, some will be shocked, others will dismiss it as banter. What IS really important is, as the OP said, the person who leaked the private email correspondence between her boss and others. Whilst allowed to have access to his inbox and to see probably everything within, she would have had to sign a lengthy document before commencing employment outlining her duties and what she was NOT allowed to do, e.g acting on information for financial gain etc. I would imagine that several laws with consequences have been broken and an example needs to be set.

People are who they are and no amount of PC bullying will change that anytime soon, and again some will see that as ok and others with a contrarian view won't…

SHJ

tony draper
19th May 2014, 21:26
When will people realize there is no such thing as a private email:uhoh:

SpringHeeledJack
19th May 2014, 22:03
That's true in the sense of surveillance, but within a company where others (assistants) have access to the private business mails of another, they have a duty to keep anything they see confidential, unless in cases where a crime has been committed such as murder etc. The PA should be keel-hauled, Scudamore given a course in business sensitivities 2014 style.

SHJ

500N
19th May 2014, 22:22
I didn't realize it was a former employee, I thought it was his current PA.

She should be handed to the police and charged with theft.

"Had to search for them in a private email account" :rolleyes:

Sounds like she was fishing and out to get evidence !!!

Shack37
19th May 2014, 22:29
The Premier League statement added: "These emails were private communications between friends of long-standing and the temporary PA was not exposed to them in the course of her duties but had to search for them in a private email account which she was not authorised to access.

But his former PA saw another side to 54-year-old Scudamore who earns more than £1million a year. She told the Sunday Mirror his emails were sent to her ­automatically while she was working for him at the Premier League last October so she could arrange his diary.

Somebody´s telling porkies.

Seldomfitforpurpose
19th May 2014, 23:11
Since sexism in football is the talking-point, I note the current advertising campaign in which football-fan husbands, naturally portrayed as selfish and deceitful buffoons, are trying to talk their wives, naturally portrayed as intelligent partners, into buying a new TV. :hmm:

I do agree however as women are generally the final arbiters with regards to that sort of financial outlay getting them onside is probably at the heart of the campaign you refer to.

500N
19th May 2014, 23:49
Gobona

Agree.

They don't like sexism against women but seem quite OK with the reverse.

Seldomfitforpurpose
19th May 2014, 23:55
I understand the campaign perfectly. I just don't see why, when football sexism is in the headlines, a negative image of men is deemed acceptable to sell TV sets.

Totally agree and that sort of ad is plentiful at the moment, watched some patronising tosh this evening depicting a husband at his wits end trying to book a hotel whilst his oh so clever wife used some comparison website...........................reverse the role and the comfy shoe wearers and lentil knitters would have a mahooosive hissy fit :ok:

500N
20th May 2014, 00:08
Seldom

It would be really interesting to re film both the adverts with the roles reversed, then show them on TV as per normal and just see what reaction there is.

And if they do complain about them being sexist, show the other adverts which people didn't complain about.

Krystal n chips
20th May 2014, 06:12
" Since sexism in football is the talking-point, I note the current advertising campaign in which football-fan husbands, naturally portrayed as selfish and deceitful buffoons, are trying to talk their wives, naturally portrayed as intelligent partners, into buying a new TV

I think you have summated matters perfectly. There are, after all, many on here who confirm the perception of the male, and not simply with regard to football.

Most of whom, by some less than strange coincidence, have an affinity for the more right wing philosophies.

In contrast, those of us who eat lentils, hug trees and generally have a more liberal perception of life, and ladies, given we do not feel the precious male ego to the threatened by intelligent women.

As for the "no further action", hardly unique and a well established policy of sweeping matters under the carpet on the principle of "there, that's all sorted then "

500N
20th May 2014, 06:17
"we do not feel the precious male ego to the threatened by intelligent women."

So you are reserving the above to those with "an affinity for the more right wing philosophies." ?

Interesting take on it.

You do like insulting people, don't you Krystal ?

Seldomfitforpurpose
20th May 2014, 08:46
In contrast, those of us who eat lentils, hug trees and generally have a more liberal perception of life, and ladies, given we do not feel the precious male ego to the threatened by intelligent women.

Turn the tiresome and non compulsory sarcasm off for just a moment chap and ponder what the grown ups are actually saying. There are no Ego's at play here just a simple acknowledgment that if you want a level playing field then it should be level at all times and not simply when it suits or are you implying that some sexism should be tolerated :=

Effluent Man
20th May 2014, 09:11
The salient point here is that she dug the mails out so that she could be disgusted by them.I have absolutely no doubt that he has a "bad attitude" towards women in one sense but digging through his inbox to find evidence for it is a bit much.